SCARLET SPIDER

One night, Spider-Bat walks down crime alley along with Ben, Andrea, Jill, and Anna Maria, the same place where he lost his parents. He pulls out two roses and put them down on the ground, then stands there in silence. Ben and Andrea put their hands on his shoulders, comforting him. Peter looks back at the people he cares about and smiles, knowing that he's not alone anymore. At that moment, Peter hears trouble nearby.

"Ben, I'll meet you guys back at home. Sounds like I need to handle something." Peter says.

"Of course, sir."

Peter then web swings away.

Meanwhile a thirteen year old boy runs from three men chasing him. He quickly turns down an alley but is met by a dead-end, cornered by the men. The boy sighs, knowing he'll have to fight and loose. When he turns around he sees the three men webbed up and Spider-Bat standing there.

"Woah." The boy says.

Peter slowly approaches the boy.

"You know I had that, right?" The boy says.

"Clearly, that's why you were running from them. Why were they chasing you in the first place?"

The boy folds his arms in silence for a moment.

"I may have- borrowed some cash from them." The boy says.

Peter looks at the boy with suspicion.

"Define borrowed?" Peter asks.

The boy doesn't answer the question for a moment.

"Ok I stole it, But they deserved it, they're drug dealers." The boy says.

Peter looks at the boy for a moment.

"Don't look at me like that. You put on a mask and send guys like them to the hospital." The boy points out.

"Fair point... Where's your parents?" Peter asks.

The boy scowls at the question.

"Don't have any. Not anymore." He answers.

Peter looks at the boy with sympathy and compassion.

"Do you have a place to stay?" Peter asks.

"Right where you're standing, I guess." The boy answers.

Peter thinks for a moment.

"Well- you could come stay with me." Peter suggests.

The boy is surprised by this.

"Do- Do you mean it?" The boy asks.

Peter smiles and nods, and the two leave the alley.

"Will I have to learn how to sleep upside down?" The boy asks.

Peter chuckles.

"If that's your thing...So what's your name?" Peter answers.

"It's Jason. Jason Kaine." The boy says.

Three years later, Peter waits in the cave while drinking tea with Ben, Andrea, And Jill

"Jason! Come on, or I'm going on patrol without you!" Peter says with a smile.

At that moment, Jason jumps out in a dark red body suit, a mask and a blue sleeveless hoodie with a spider symbol on it, scaring everyone except Peter who continues drinking his tea. Jason takes off his mask, showing off a big smile.

"Ha! Gotcha!" Jason says to Peter.

Peter smirks.

"Sure. If I didn't see you slip behind the computer banks three minutes ago." Peter says.