Chapter 41: First Practice

"Everyone hold hands." Everyone got in a circle and held hands.

"Dear heavenly father, please give us the strength to get through our first practice and give us as a family the strength to pish through these practices and get through the season without anyone dying. In your name we pray. Amen."

"Amen."

"Hands in, HURRICANES ON 3, 1,2,3!"

"HURRICANES."

"Lets go!!!"

"How many 10 laps?" My aunts Tahiti asked.

"10 around to gym than we do stretches and conditioning."

~ 20 minutes later~

Everyone finished their 10 laps and I think the only people who didn't puke were my aunts, myself, and my cousins. The first the puke was my dad and phil afterwards. We got through our 10 laps and stretches, I knew conditioning was always my breaking point.

"Come on guys push, you can do it." I yelled as I was starting my bear crawls.

"Remember to breathe."

I wanted to quit. Stop putting myself through all this pain. I whispered to myself, " 1st place, 1st place,1st place."

Our conditioning was finally done. I got through it all. Now for my dad well I'm pretty sure he wished he worked out more.

I handed everyone a towel.

"Dad, take a seat." I fave my dad an Ice pack and water.

"I'm gonna die."

"No you won't. Breathe... look at me... Inhale exhale inhale exhale... slow your heart rate down to normal."

"Everyone who made it through conditioning and our 10 laps, congrats you're on the team."

"What about me?" My dad asked

"You have one more practice, if you can get through that one without being a baby, than you're on the team."

"I'm your Dad, how dare you call me a baby."

"Sorry..."

"Watch yourself. "

"Well, I have our music and our routine already and we just need to make a schedule and I have to write the rules."

"Awesome."

"So we can do a 1,2 schedule were depending on our practice the week before we will either practice on a 1 or 2."

Everyone looked at me confused.

"So today would be a 1 and tomorrow is a 2."

"So we will have practice 3 times this week and 2 next week." My uncle E said.

"Yea, there's no practice on the weekends unless I say otherwise. "

"I don't think I can do this again." My dad complained.

"I'll let all of you rest tomorrow but I still need you guys here for scheduling."

"Thank God." My Dad said.

"Dad, you're gonna be conditioning tomorrow."

" what?!"

" Everyone circle up."

"Does anyone want to lead us in prayer?"

"I will." Mila said

"Dear heavenly father, Thank you for helping us through our first practice. Please give Uncle Bruno the strength to get through the rest of the season.-" everyone giggled -" Thank you for giving our family the opportunity to have this team. In your name we pray. Amen."