Chapter 48: It's not a dream

~Angelina's POV~

Dakota is in California staying with my Dad and I. Our 4 month anniversary is Monday and I get to spend it with him.

As we walked back to the living room Geronimo ran up to us and barked.

"Geronimo be a good boy." I said

Geronimo walked over to me with his head down.

"It's okay puppy."

It was twelve o'clock and I was hungry.

"Daddy."

"Yea" he said running downstairs.

"Can you make me food?"

"Really Angelina, I was on the phone."

"Sorry.. I'm just really hungry." I said.

"What do you want?"

"Ummm...Chicken!!"

My dad laughed, "You're definitely my kid."

"Well the curls kinda gave that away."

My dad just chuckled as he walked into the kitchen to start making my food.

"So how was your flight?"

"I don't know, I slept through the whole thing."

I just sat there holding his hand as we sat on the couch.

"I missed you a lot. You know that right?"

"I missed you too Princess."

We sat there and talked for hours. We talked about nothing and everything all at once. The food was finished and we ate and talked some more. We never ran out of things to talk about. I ended up falling asleep on the couch because my dad woke us up.

"Hey Angelina hey wake up Munchkin' "

I stood up putting all my weight on my knee.

"ow ow ow" I said half asleep with pain shooting down my leg.

"Sit in the chair." my dad said.

Dakota picked me up and sat me down on the chair.

"Thank you"

"mmhmm" Dakota replied tiredly

Even though my dad has been a millionaire forever, he's still has his old furniture. The couches are clean and look brand new but they are at least 20 years old. These couch still has the built in bed that you just pull out. Your probably like OMG why doesn't he just get new couches. Our living room would look the same if we put new couches.The living room looks like some where a bunch of teenagers would hang out. There's a huge Flat screen TV and a bunch of different games. It's very welcoming. When I sit in the living room I feel like a little kid again. I feel like I'm back in New York in my moms small 3 bedroom apartment. The living room was always cozy. I loved the living room, I would flip over the back of the couch into my room.

As I was in my thought My dad pulled the coffee table out of the living room and pulled the bed out of the couch. He ran upstairs to grab clean sheets. He put them on the bed than ran back upstairs to get my favorite blanket and pillow.

"You can sleep down her so you don't have to keep walking up and down the stairs."

Dakota carried me to the couch and put me down. He walked back to the chair and sat down. I laid down and slowly went to sleep.

~Bruno's POV~

I got the bed ready for Angelina, Dakota laid her down and walked back to the chair and sat down. I smiled, a real gentleman. I respect him more for that. I turned and walked into the kitchen. I sat at the breakfast bar. I just sat there thinking. Thinking about everything, soon Angelina's going to be 16 and she's gonna get her license , she'll be in high school, a real high school. Then she'll be 18 and she'll graduate and move out and go to college and leave me all alone. She'll turn 21 and if she's like me she'll be a goofy drunk. Then she'll get married and my baby girl will be gone forever. That's not for a while so it's okay. I looked in the fridge for something to drink. Water, Water, water all he have is water. I guess water will do. I go back in the living room and Dakota is still sitting on the chair.

"If you want to lay down you can."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, I trust you." he smiled.

"Thank you."

"I appreciate how respectful you are toward my daughter and I."

"I've grown up in a household where respect was everything."

"That's good. I respect you more now than I did before."

"Why's that?"

"When you put Angelina down you didn't think twice about going back to the chair, You're a real gentlemen."

"Thank you." I walked toward the stairs and walked upstairs.

Dakota slowly laid down on the bed. laying down with his back toward Angelina.

I wish them the very best. He's a good kid.

I looked down at the bottle of water in my hand. A few years ago that fridge would've been filled with beer. I would drink away the heart break from Jessica leaving with my child. I didn't want to think about. It hurt too much. But when I saw Angelina with Jessica, I knew I had to change. I had to clean up. Now my fridge is full of Water and food. No more beer and left over pizza. I stopped smoking and I think I'm the happiest I've ever been. I don't wake up and feel heart broken because I'm alone in my bed. I wake happy and smiling because Angelina brings nothing but joy to my life. And I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that I have my family that sticks beside me no matter what.