Chapter 56: Really?!?

~ 1 Week later~

I got a phone call from Dakota saying he wouldn't be able to make it to Worlds.

~Conversation~

"You've gotta be kidding me." I said as I walked downstairs as I was on the phone with Dakota.

"I wish I was."

"But you said you wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Yea, I know."

"Then what's so important that you can't come Dakota?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"No Dakota! You Said you were going to come now Why aren't you? At least give me a reason."

Dakota didn't answer.

"If you can't pay for the ticket. I can send you money-"

"No, It's not that."

"Than what is it Dakota, If you need a plane ticket I can easily get my Dads private jet to pick you up. What is it Dakota? HUH? You got a hot date you don't want to miss or something?"

"Angelina Michelle, Please, Just listen to me. Okay."

"I'm Listening."

"I love you, and I know you know that, I can't make it, I'm Sorry, I don't know how to explain it but I'm sorry."

"I love you too Dakota. I just wish you could come."

"I know I do too but-" Dakota was starting to get choked up. "I Love you."

"I love you too." I said holding back tears.

"I'll talk to you later. okay?"

"Okay." I hung up the phone. Tears rolling down my face.

How could he do this? He told me he was going to come now he can't. My dad walked into to the kitchen as I was crying.

"Awwww, Munchkin' What's the matter?" He said he wrapped his arms around me.

I just broke down and cried even harder.

"It's okay... I promise, Whatever it is. It will be okay." He said trying to comfort me.

"What Happened?"

"Dakota called, He-" I tooked a deep breath "- He can't make it to Worlds."

"That's okay, Papa will be there and all my Hooligans, and Kameron said he would stop by and see what's going on. I promise it will be okay. You'll have plenty of people there supporting you. You'll have me and your aunts and Uncles and you cousins, you don't need Dakota there."

"But, I do. I do need him there."

"No you don't, I have a question. When we nail our routine at practice is Dakota there?"

"No"

"So why does he have to be at the competition. It's just another practice but there will just be more people there."

"But he said he was going to come, He said he wouldn't miss it for the world."

"So why don't you find out what world he's missing it for."

"I can't, he won't tell me."

"Then don't worry about it, you'll be fine, we'll be fine."

"okay." I dried my eyes and gave my dad a hug."

"I love you dad."

"I love you too."

I walked upstairs and got ready for practice.

I texted Dakota, 'Love you'

And turned my phone off, practice starts soon and I can't let this bother me.

~Practice~
~Presley's POV~

I can tell that there is something off with Angelina, she seems really quite today. Normally she's in control and always counting today Bruno is more in control. She's been getting very frustrated. she's been just walking out for a few minutes than walking in. Today she's just not herself.

I walked up to Bruno during one of our breaks and asked him what's going on with Ange.

"Hey Bruno, What's up with Ange?"

"Right before practice her and Dakota got into an argument, He unable to make it to Worlds."

"Aww, Poor thing."

"She just needs a few minutes to breathe. Because of the argument she's not hitting anything and she's getting upset about it."

"Yea, I can't tell."

Angelina walked back out of the gym and I followed her.

"Hey Ange, What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know."

"Why?" 

"I'm just stressed out about Dakota."

"Don't worry about it. Every good relationship has it's ups and downs."

"But he said he would miss it for the world."

"Why don't you sit out the rest of practice, give him a call, let him know everything is okay."

"Can you just make sure no one slacks off, I'm going to call Dakota and I'll be back."

"No problem."

~Angelina's POV ~

I ran upstairs to my room to get my phone. 5 missed calls and 15 text messages.

I called Dakota, He answer on after the Second ring.

"Hello?"

"I love you Dakota." He exhaled.

"I love you too."

"I just wanted to say I love you."

"I'm Sorry."

"It's okay. I overreacted earlier. I understand distance and travelling all the time is expensive and I have to understand that not everyone is as fortunate as me."

"It's not even that."

"Well whatever it is, I'm not going to bug you about, I just want you to know I love you. I remember,' I promise'. I wear that ring all the time."

"That was an amazing night."

"It definitely was."

"I can't wait to see you again."

"Me either."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

" Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and I felt better. I was ready to practice and I 'm still bummed that Dakota won't be at Worlds, but I'll get over it eventually.