Chapter 52: Goodbye Dakota

~Next Morning ~

I ended up sleeping through the whole night. This morning we have to get Dakota ready to head back to Hawaii.

This past week has been amazing. I can't believe I won't see Dakota untill my Competition.

I go in the bathroom and take a shower, I get dressed and make breakfast for us.

Pancakes,eggs and bacon.

I start making the food and my dad comes downstairs.

"Hi Munchkin'"

"Hi"

"What's wrong?"

"Dakota leaves today."

"It will be okay."

"I hope so."

I finished cooking and I put the food on 3 plates.

"Here's your food Dad." I say as a shove his food toward him.

So I do this thing were instead of being upset about a situation I get really mad. My Dad does the same thing.

I turned to walk away and my dad grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay to cry. Stop acting so much like me, I do the samething."

I took a shaky breath, " I don't want him to leave." My dad just held me in his arms telling me "It's going to be okay."

I took a deep breath and walked upstairs. I knocked on Dakota's door.

"Yes."

"Breakfast is done.If you want some hurry before my Dad eats it all."

Dakota came downstairs and ate. We all eat at the table in silence and I sit there picking at my food.

"Can you please eat Muchkin' "

"I'm not hungry." I say with a slight attitude.

"Go take Geronimo out back and get some fresh air."

I got up and walked to the back door. I sat there for a few minutes crying. I don't want Dakota to leave. Once I stopped and was okay I went back in the house and finished eating.

I freshened up and walked to my dads room. I stopped when I heard him on the phone. I turned and went to Dakota's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in" I walked in.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"So you're coming to the competition?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"I'll send you the information to get tickets when the time comes."

"Okay."

"So you ready to go home?"

"Yes and No. I miss my family but I don't want to leave."

"I bet."

"Well let's get going so I don't miss my flight." I walked out of his room and knocked on the door to my Dad's room.

"Yea."

"We're ready to go."

"Okay, let me get my keys."

We walked downstairs and went to the airport.

~ 2 hours later~

Dakota's on his plane going home. I cried like a baby like always. We said our goodbyes and he left. My dad and I are driving back home.

"Hey Ange, you want some Ice cream?"

"Dad, It's December." I said laughing.

"And we are in California, so Do you want Ice cream?"

"Sure." I said smiling. We stopped at an Ice cream shop and got some ice cream. I love that my dad can change my whole mood around.

"Don't you think we should get a Christmas tree?"

"Yea, probably." We went and got a christmas tree.

"Dad can we get a small Christmas tree for the gym?"

"Sure."

"I'm going to decorate it with cheer bows."

"Cool. So what do you want for christmas?"

"Are you kidding me? Dad Christmas is in like 5 days."

"I know"

"You're such a procrastinator."

"I know"

"What do you want for christmas dad?"

"Nothing at all, I git my gift in July."

"What was it?"

"I finally go to meet you."

"Awe, Is Mr. Bruno Mars getting emotional?"

"No, not at all."

Spending time like this with my dad is awesome. He's no longer pop star, Bruno Mars he's the loving family man, Peter Hernandez. He's my dad. We found the trees that we wanted and we cashed out. They are going to bring them to our house. We got home and they arrived soon after.

"Dad, where are all your decorations?"

"I'll go get them." I can't believe Christmas is in 5 days and we still haven't decorated the house. I put some Christmas music on and began decorating. I decorated this huge mansion all by myself. Within hours the house looked amazing, the only thing was I was missing a stocking. I was digging through the rest of the decorations and I found a stocking and had my moms name on it. I decided I would just have my dad buy me a new one. The house was now fully decorated. I lit some candels around the house so it could smell more light the holiday season. I was tired I decided to take a nap. I had a dream that we were competing.
We rocked the performance.I twisted my ankle so my dad had to carry me off the mat. We won in 1st place. There were so many Hooligans there to support us I was in shock.

I was woken up by my dad.
"Munchkin' wake up."

"Yea, I'm up.
I said with one eye open.
"Your mom just call she's in the hospital."

"Is there something wrong with my sister?"

"She just had your sister."

"Is she in New York?"

"No, she's here in Cali."

"So does she want me to go see her or something."

" Yea, but I'll onky bring you if you want to go."

"I'll give her a call."

"Okay." My dad than left.

"Why? Everytime something happens she's always there."