Chapter 63: A Love That Never Fades

It had been a month since Cebrus died, and the pain still felt fresh. Y/N tried to push through, focusing on her studies, distracting herself with books and assignments, but there was always an empty space, a quiet that echoed through the house. She sat at her desk in her bedroom, flipping through her notes, but her mind kept wandering back to him—Cebrus. His absence felt like a gaping hole in her heart, a constant reminder of the love and loyalty he had given her for so many years.

Outside her door, Y/N could hear the faint sound of Scarlett cooking in the kitchen and the distant sound of Rose playing in the living room. They were her anchors, her golden stars, the ones who kept her from sinking too deep into the sadness. But today, it was harder to keep the tears at bay. The quiet moments felt too loud, too painful.

She thought about how Cebrus would always lay by her feet as she studied, his head resting on her lap, his steady breathing comforting her in a way no words ever could. The house felt so empty without him, and it broke her heart all over again. Y/N wiped at her eyes, trying to hold back the tears, but it was no use. The dam broke, and she began to cry, her shoulders shaking as she buried her face in her hands.

It wasn't long before she heard soft footsteps approaching her room. Scarlett opened the door gently, Rose in her arms, and immediately saw the tears streaming down Y/N's face. Without a word, Scarlett set Rose down, who toddled off to play nearby, and walked over to Y/N, sitting down on her lap without hesitation.

Y/N wrapped her arms around Scarlett's waist, burying her face in Scarlett's chest, her sobs growing louder. Scarlett held her close, rubbing slow circles on her back, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"It's okay, baby," Scarlett murmured softly, pressing a kiss to Y/N's temple. "Let it out, I'm here. I've got you."

Y/N held on tighter, feeling Scarlett's warmth seep into her, grounding her in the moment. "I miss him so much," she whispered between sobs. "I hate how empty everything feels without him. It's so quiet, Scar..."

Scarlett's heart broke at Y/N's words. She could see the weight of the grief Y/N carried, the pain of losing Cebrus still fresh and raw. She gently stroked Y/N's hair, her voice soothing and calm. "I know, love. I miss him too. He was such a special part of our lives. But we're going to get through this, together. You don't have to carry it all on your own."

Y/N sniffed, her face still pressed against Scarlett's chest. "It just hurts so much. I try to focus on other things, but then I think about how he's not here, and I just..."

Scarlett tilted Y/N's chin up gently, wiping away her tears with her thumb. "It's okay to cry. It's okay to feel like this. You loved him, and he loved you more than anything. It's going to take time to heal, but you don't have to do it alone. You have me, and Rose, and we're not going anywhere."

Y/N let out a shaky breath, her sobs quieting as she looked up at Scarlett, her eyes red and puffy from crying. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice hoarse. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Scarlett smiled softly, leaning in to press a tender kiss to Y/N's lips. "You're stronger than you think," she whispered against her lips. "And I'll be right here, every step of the way."

They stayed like that for a while, wrapped up in each other, Scarlett holding Y/N as she calmed down. They exchanged quiet kisses and whispered words of comfort, their connection deeper than ever. Y/N rested her head against Scarlett's shoulder, feeling the weight of her grief lighten just a little.

As they sat in each other's arms, they suddenly heard the sound of Rose's laughter from the other side of the room. They turned their heads to see her sitting on the floor, holding Cebrus' old collar in one hand and his favorite stuffed animal in the other, hugging them tightly to her chest.

Y/N's breath hitched, and fresh tears welled up in her eyes, but this time, they weren't just from sadness. She felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude wash over her as she looked at Rose, her little golden star, the one who brought light into her darkest moments.

"She's holding his collar," Y/N whispered, her voice trembling with emotion.

Scarlett smiled softly, her eyes misty as well. "She misses him too."

Y/N stood up, still holding Scarlett in her arms, her heart swelling with love for the little family they had created. Scarlett let out a small squeal of surprise as Y/N spun them around, laughing through her tears.

"Thank you," Y/N whispered, her voice thick with emotion.

Scarlett blinked in confusion, still laughing. "For what?"

"For everything," Y/N said, her voice soft but filled with so much meaning. "For being here. For loving me. For Rose. For this life we've built together. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm so grateful."

Scarlett's eyes shimmered with tears as she wrapped her arms tighter around Y/N's neck, kissing her deeply. "I'm the lucky one," she whispered back, her voice filled with love.

Their tender moment was interrupted by the sound of Rose's giggles as she called out, "Mommy!"

Y/N smiled, letting go of Scarlett and walking over to Rose, scooping her up in her arms and spinning her around, just as she had done with Scarlett. Rose squealed in delight, her tiny arms wrapped around Y/N's neck, still clutching Cebrus' collar in her small hand.

After a few spins, Y/N stopped and held Rose close, feeling the warmth of her little body against hers. She glanced over at Scarlett, who was watching them with a soft smile, her heart full.

Y/N pulled Scarlett into the embrace, wrapping one arm around her waist while holding Rose in the other. "I love you both so much," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "You're my everything."

Scarlett leaned into Y/N, her hand resting on Rose's back as she pressed a kiss to Y/N's cheek. "We love you too, more than anything."

Rose, still clutching Cebrus' collar, looked up at Y/N and Scarlett with wide eyes, her little voice full of innocence and love. "Love Mommy," she said, her small arms tightening around Y/N's neck.

Y/N's heart swelled with so much love it felt like it could burst. She kissed Rose's forehead, her voice soft and full of emotion. "I love you too, sweetheart. I love you so much."

And then, as she looked down at the collar in Rose's hand, Y/N whispered softly, "I love him too." 

Scarlett placed a gentle hand on Y/N's cheek, wiping away the last of her tears. "He knew, baby. He knew how much you loved him."

They stood there, wrapped up in each other, holding onto the love they shared and the memories they carried. And for the first time since Cebrus' death, Y/N didn't feel the crushing weight of grief. Instead, she felt surrounded by love—by Scarlett, by Rose, by the life they had built together. 

And in that moment, Y/N knew that Cebrus would always be with her, not just in the collar Rose held or the memories they shared, but in the love that had carried her through the hardest times. A love that never fades, no matter how much time passes.