038. YOU ARE NOT SAFE

Chapter thirty eight

"You are not safe."

Having been walking with them all, the sun was going down, as they had made it into the woods again, where they all set up camp in the woods, as Katniss skinned the rabbit, she cooked it in the fire, as her and Daryl ate it, night soon came not long after that and Daryl had walked off to use the bathroom and as he did, Katniss was waiting by a tree for him, as one of the guys came walking up to her "we found them. Come on." he told her, running off, Katniss ran after him, notching an arrow, the two of them met up with another as they came out of the woods and onto the road.

Joe and two other men were standing on the other side "oh, dearie me, you screwed up asshole." Joe said, aiming a gun at a man's head while the other aimed one at a women's, the bigger on in the group stood by the car on the road, Katniss when she saw who was in front of her, her eyes went wide, it was Rick and Michonne "you hear me? You screwed up. Today's the day of reckoning, sir. Restitution. A balancing of the whole damn universe." Joe said, as Katniss heard the man slam his hand on the car window, she turned to the right and when she looked through the car, she saw Carl, her heart was beating out of her chest now, as she looked back to Rick.

Rick was looking right at her, and as he did, he knew being with this group of men couldn't have been a choice she made "shit, and I was thinking of turning in for the night on new years eve." Joe shared, laughing "now who's gonna count down the ball dropper with me, huh? Ten Mississippi. Nine Mississippi." he said "Katniss!" Daryl yelled, and when he did, Katniss's grip on her bow got tighter, as Carl who was in the car turned and looked at her, his eyes went wide, as Daryl then walked up, Rick and Michonne looked from Katniss to him, Daryl then noticed them "hold up." he said "you're stopping me on eight, Daryl." Joe said.

"Just hold up." Daryl said "this is the guy who killed Lou, so we got nothing to talk about." the one standing to the right of Katniss said "the thing about nowadays is we got nothing but time. Say your piece, Daryl." Joe told him "these people, you're gonna let em go. These are good people." Daryl told him "now, I think Lou would disagree with you on that. I'll, of course, have to speak for him and all cause your friend here strangled him in a bathroom." Joe shared "you want blood, I get it." Daryl told him, putting his stuff down "take it from me, man." he told him, holding his arms out "come on." he said.

"This man killed our friend. You say he's good people. See, now that right there is a lie." Joe told him, as Daryl put his hands down, he looked to Katniss "run!" he voiced, as the man standing next to Katniss hit him in the chest with the butt of the gun "no!" Rick voiced, as the other one came up behind him and dragged him off, Katniss watched as the two of them threw him into the car and began punching him "teach him, fellas. Teach him all the way." Joe told them, as Katniss spun around drawing her bow, she aimed it at him, and as she did, Joe laughed "really? You gonna kill me? Katniss.." he told her.

And as he did, Katniss let the arrow fly and as she did, the bigger one came up knocking her to the ground and as he did, Katniss's bow an arrow flew out of her hand "you leave her be!" Rick voiced, going to get up, Joe pulled him back down, Katniss crawled toward's her bow, reaching for it "come here." the man said, grabbing her legs, he pulled her back toward's him, just as Katniss barely grabbed her bow, she swung it back hitting him in the head with it, Michonne then went to get up "you'll get yours. You just wait your turn." the man holding the gun to her told her.

As Katniss held her bow up trying to keep him away from her, the man pushed it back down, as she screamed "the fighting is the part I like the most." the man told her, as he laughed, the two men stopped beating up Daryl and made him look at her, as her bow was thrown to the side, they then began beating him up again "listen, it was me. It was just me." Rick told Joe "see, now that's right. That's not some damn lie. Look, we can settle this. We're reasonable men. First, we're gonna beat Daryl to death. Then we'll have the girl. Then the woman. Then the boy. Then I'm gonna shoot you and then we'll be square." Joe shared, laughing.