002. KEEP YOUR GUARD UP

Chapter two

"Keep your guard up."

Where everyone had then dispersed going back to things as normal, where Lori, Carl, Katniss and Shane were all sitting by the fire pit, as Shane was cleaning his gun, Katniss was sharpening her arrows again, as Lori had cut Carl's hair she patted him on the shoulder "all good. It's Katniss's turn." she shared, as Carl stood up, Katniss turned to her with furrowed brows "turn to what?" she asked "to experience the most agonizing torture in your life." Carl shared, as Shane chuckled "you think this is bad wait till you start shaving. That stings. The days comes you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts." he shared.

As Katniss walked over to Lori, she sat down in front of her, and as she did, Lori brushed through her long hair and she could see that she had never had it cut before as she began cutting off the dead ends "I'll believe that when I see it." Carl shared, as Shane chuckled "tell you what..since you got through that with some manly dignity tomorrow I'll teach you something special." he shared, as Carl furrowed his brows "I will teach you how to catch frogs." Shane told him "I've caught a frog before." Carl told him.

"I said frogs..plural. It is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about. And I'm willing to share my secrets." Shane shared, as Carl turned looking at Katniss and Lori "I don't hunt frogs." Katniss told him, as Carl looked back at Shane "it's a one time offer, bud..not to be repeated." Shane shared, as Lori when she was done cutting Katniss's hair, she began braiding it "why do we need frogs, plural?" Carl asked "you ever eat frog legs?' Shane asked "eww!" Carl and Katniss voiced "no, yum!" Shane voiced "no, they're right. Eww." Lori told him.

As Shane chuckled "when we get down to that last can of beans, you're gonna be loving those frog legs, lady. I can see it now, uh, Shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? Just one?" he shared "yeah, I doubt that." Lori told him "yeah, I'll go out myself and find a squirrel before I eat your frog legs." Katniss shared "bring me one too." Lori told her, as Shane chuckled "don't listen to them, man. You and me will be heroes. We'll feed these folks cajun style kermit legs." he shared "I would rather eat miss piggie. Yes, that came out wrong." Lori shared, as Shane laughed "heroes, son, spoken of in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl." he shared.

As a car alarm could be heard blaring, Shane stood up walking to the RV "talk to me, Dale!" he called out, as Katniss stood up, holding onto her bow an arrow, her hair now braided out of her face as she followed him "can't tell yet." Dale told them, as Lori and Carl walked up as well "is it them? Are they back?" Amy asked "I'll be damned." Dale said "what is it?" Amy asked "stolen car is my guess." Dale told them, as the car came speeding down the hill and down to where they were, they walked up to it, as it stopped, Glenn got out of it "holy crap, turn that damn thing off!" Dale voiced.

"I don't know how!" Glenn voiced "pop the hood, please." Shane told Glenn "my sister." Amy said at the same time "would you pop the damn hood, please." Shane told him again "Andrea.." Amy said, as Shane slammed his hand on the hood "would you pop the damn hood please!" he voiced "okay, yeah, yeah." Glenn said, getting back in the car "is she okay?" Amy asked, as Glenn popped the hood, Shane opened as him and Jim looked at it "is she alright? Is she safe?" Amy asked, as Glenn got back out "she's okay! She's okay!" he voiced "is she coming back?" Amy asked "yes!" Glenn voiced.

As Shane pulled out something that made the alarm stop "why isn't she with you? Where is she? She's okay?" Amy asked "yes! Yeah, fine. Everybody is." Glenn shared, looking to Katniss "Merle not so much." he told her "what does that mean?" Katniss asked him "are you crazy driving this whaling bastard up here? You trying to draw every walker for miles?" Shane asked "I think we're okay." Dale said, as Katniss stepped forward "Glenn what does that mean?" she asked him, as Glenn looked at her with wide eyes "uh.." he said, noticing she had her bow an arrow on her and no doubt a knife.