005. THE COUNTDOWN

Chapter five

"The countdown."

Staring into the light it dimmed, as Rick began moving in "Daryl, Katniss, you two cover the back." Shane shared, as Daryl put his gun up, Katniss had her bow, walking backwards as they all filtered inside "hello?" Rick's voice echoed through the big building "close those doors. Watch for walkers." Dale told them as they all got in, looking around "hello?" Rick asked again, as a gun cocked, all of them with weapons took aim at the man pointing a gun at them "anybody infected?" the man asked "one of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick shared.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" the man asked "a chance." Rick told him "that's asking an awful lot these days." the man shared, walking closer to them "I know." Rick told him, as the man looked at each and every one of them "you all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." he shared, as Rick nodded "we can do that." he told him, as the man brought the gun down "you got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." he shared, and as he did, Daryl, Glenn, Rick and Shane went out getting all the stuff as they ran back in, T Dog and Dale closed the doors behind them.

The lock then beeped "Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." the man said, as the shutter began to come down again, locking them in "Rick Grimes." Rick told him, holding his hand out to him "Dr Edwin Jenner." Jenner told him, as he shook hands with him, he then turned walking them down a hallway, they didn't go very far before they stopped at an elevator and all of them piled in, as Jenner pressed the button they began to go down, as they all stood there in silence "doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked.

"Oh, there were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough." Jenner shared, as he looked at Carl "except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." he told him, as Katniss furrowed her brows turning and looking at him, Carl smiled, Jenner looked away from them and chuckled.

As the elevator soon stopped, they all got out, walking down a very long all white hallway with doors on either side "are underground?" Carol asked "you claustrophobic?" Jenner asked "a little.' Carol told him "try not to think about it." Jenner told her, as they walked into a bigger room at the end of the hall "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room." Jenner said, as all the lights turned on, Katniss's eyes went wide "welcome to zone five." Jenner told them, as he walked further in, they followed him "where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Rick asked, as Jenner turned to them "I'm it. It's just me here." he shared.

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori asked "Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them..welcome." Jenner said "hello, guests. Welcome." a women's voice said from Katniss wasn't sure where as she stepped back toward's Daryl "I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." Jenner told them, as he turned around walking off, they all followed him once more.

Where they headed into a different room to get their blood taken, where Sophia, Carl and Katniss went first, followed by the adults, where those who were done were sitting down waiting while Jacqui stood by Andrea who was getting her's drawn "what's the point? If we were infected, we'd all be running a fever." Andrea shared "I've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here. Let me just at least be thorough." Jenner shared, as the syringe clinked "all done." he told her, as Andrea stood up, she wobbled as Jacqui caught her "you okay?" Jenner asked "she hasn't eaten in days. None of us have." Jacqui shared, as Jenner looked at them all.

They had then moved to the kitchen where Jenner had given them all food and liqour as the adults were drinking, they were laughing as Dale poured another glass of wine "fine." Lori said, holding her hand out for it "you know in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner." Dale shared, handing Lori the glass "and in France." he added on "well, when Carl is in Italy or France, he can have some then." Lori shared, drinking from her glass "what's it gonna hurt? Come on." Rick told her, as Lori looked at him "come on." Rick said, as Dale laughed "what?" Rick asked, as they all laughed again.