029. MAKE A QUARANTINE ZONE

Chapter twenty nine

"Make a quarantine zone."

Where the next morning, Rick was holding Judith as the alarm to wake up went off, he went and turned it off and as he did, he walked over to Carl and Katniss's cell, where when he moved the sheet out of the way, the both of them still asleep "Carl." he quietly called out, and when he did, Carl didn't wake up "Carl?" Rick asked again, looking at Katniss and seeing she slept in her clothes from yesterday which was just a tell that the run went back "Carl?" he asked again, as Carl stirred awake looking at him "come on." Rick quietly told him, as he turned walking off, Carl then got up and as he did, he looked up at Katniss, taking her knife out of her hand, he put it down on the shelf next to her gun as he began to get ready.

But Katniss wasn't far after him, as she got up, she took her jacket off, putting a black long sleeve shirt on instead of her purple one, she then put her jacket back on, she zipped it up, undid her braid and braided it again, as she then put her knife in her boot, she took her gun out and replaced the bullets, as she then put it in her holster, she then grabbed her bow an arrow and headed out, she went to find her dad "hey, look about yesterday.." Daryl told her "just tell me what we're doing today." Katniss told him, and as she did, gunshots began going off from D block.

As they began running off, they met up with Sasha and Tyreese, as they quickly began following protocol they headed out of the prison "walkers in D!" Glenn yelled "what about C!" Rick yelled "it's clear. We locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel's on guard. " Sasha shared "it ain't a beach." Daryl said "we follow the plan." Sasha said, as they continued running, Katniss took her gun out of her pocket handing it to Rick, as she ran after the others, Rick ran after them.

Running into the cell block, a man had a gun, as Daryl took it, he tossed it to Katniss as she caught it "here." Rick told her, taking the shotgun, he handed her gun back, as people began running down the stairs "are you bit?" Rick asked, as the two aimed their guns at people, the person shook their head, no "go. Get out of here." Rick told them, as he then looked at Katniss "hold this." he told her, as he began manuvering through every one on the stairs "are you bit?" he asked "nobody's gonna listen! They're all freaked out!" Katniss voiced "check upstairs now!" Rick voiced.

As Katniss ran upstairs, a little girl ran up to Rick, as he picked her up and headed out, Katniss looked left and right "check all of them! Every cell!" Rick voiced, as Katniss walked forward, a walker came through the curtain trying to grab her, she brought her gun up and shot them before they could even get close to her as their body fell back through the curtain and onto the floor "Katniss!" Rick yelled as he ran up the stairs so did Daryl and Glenn "I'm okay!" Katniss voiced, as she moved the curtain, Rick, Daryl and Glenn were standing behind her, as they all looked at Patrick's dead body on the ground "ah, it was Patrick." Daryl said, as he turned around "all of em." he said, as they all sighed.

Where they all were then going from each cell making sure everyone was dead, where Katniss and Daryl watched as Rick pulled out his knife walking into one of the rooms to make sure one of them was dead and as he stepped to the next one, the walker was still alive as he grabbed it by the shirt and pulled it toward's the cell door stabbing it in the head.

The three of them then waited there as Dr S and Hershel came up "no bites. No wounds. I think he just died." Rick shared "horribly, too. Pleurisy aspiration." Dr S shared "choked to death on his own blood. Caused those trails down his face." Hershel shared "I've seen them before on a walker outside the fences." Rick shared, as Bob was standing there "Patrick had them too." Katniss said "they're from the internal lung pressure building up..like if you shake a soda can and pop the top. Only imagine your eyes, ears, nose, and throat are the top." Dr S shared.