Chapter 338 - Killing Two Birds with One Stone

The Empress had a cold expression and slightly lowered her eyes. "If we're going to get rid of her, we need a proper method; otherwise, it could arouse the Empress Dowager's suspicion."

Chuyun thought for a moment and suggested, "Why not find a reason to punish Yang Momo? If she gets whipped and injured, she'll naturally fall ill. If no one takes care of her, it's possible she might die."

It was easy to make someone err.

"Since you have an idea, I'll leave this matter to you," the Empress said, curling her lips in a satisfied smile as she looked at Chuyun.

Chuyun acted quickly. The next day, Yang Momo was punished with twenty strokes for not properly taking care of the Eldest Prince's clothes, which had been infested with spiders, resulting in a rash all over his back.

Of course, it wasn't just her; everyone who cared for the Eldest Prince was also punished, but since Yang Momo was the chief attendant by his side, she received twenty strokes while the others received ten.

Although it was only twenty strokes, the eunuch administering the punishment was quite harsh. After the first two strikes, Yang Momo began to plead for mercy.

However, she was quickly silenced.

After receiving the twenty strokes, her back was lacerated, and she fainted from the pain.

How could she serve the Eldest Prince like this? She was moved to a separate place to recuperate.

When it was said she would be alone, she indeed was; no one cared for her.

The Empress Dowager and Ning Chen were aware that the Empress had punished a servant, but since Yang Momo had been in the wrong, they didn't comment on it.

As a result, Yang Momo soon developed an infected wound, and within a few days, she died.

With the position of the chief attendant beside the Eldest Prince now vacant, Chuyun naturally took the opportunity to fill it.

Jiaotang Courtyard...

Upon hearing that the Empress had lost another servant, particularly someone close to the Eldest Prince, Ye Yun was even more convinced that the Eldest Prince had not been properly cared for at Hui Zhaorong's place, suspecting that someone had deliberately intervened.

"Accompany me to visit Hui Zhaorong," Ye Yun said as she stood up.

Huiyue glanced outside. "It's overcast today, so it won't be too sunny. Is Shunyi still going by carriage?"

Ye Yun thought for a moment. "Let's walk. Take the Fourth Prince along; the Second Princess enjoys playing with him."

It was good to have an excuse to go out, and bringing the children along was a perfect reason.

However, they unexpectedly ran into Ning Chen upon stepping outside.

With him was Wan Meiren.

Ye Yun first greeted Ning Chen with a bow.

In turn, Wan Meiren followed suit and bowed to her according to protocol.

After the formalities, Ning Chen was the first to speak. "Where are you taking the Fourth Prince?"

"I plan to take him to Hui Zhaorong to play with the Second Princess. This child is quite a handful," Ye Yun replied with a smile. "Where are you headed, Your Majesty?"

It was unclear why he was out with a pregnant woman who was just three months along.

At that moment, Ning Chen remained silent, and it was Wan Meiren who spoke first.