Chapter 269 - Worshiping the Mountain Head

In Fuyuan Pavilion.

The one delivering the items was Luzhi.

"Why is Sister here? It's chilly in early spring, and your face has turned red from the wind. Come in and have a cup of tea to warm up."

Zheng Cairen's maid, Feicui, hurried out to greet her.

Luzhi smiled and said, "Xiuyuan is thinking about the Cairen. She wanted to prepare new clothes for spring, so she asked me to bring some fabric."

"Thank you for Xiuyuan's kind thoughts. The Cairen is inside; come in with me." Feicui stepped aside.

The two entered the room together.

At this moment, Wang Cainu, residing in the opposite west wing, opened her window to peek outside.

She saw Luzhi followed by two young maidservants, each carrying a tray.

She couldn't help but feel a twinge of envy.

"Servant greets the Cairen." As soon as Luzhi entered, she respectfully bowed.

Zheng Cairen stood up to assist her, saying, "Quick, no need for such formality. I heard Feicui speaking with you just now. Come have some tea first."

Luzhi dared not be presumptuous and quickly declined. "I'm here to deliver things for Xiuyuan. These fabrics are excellent, chosen in colors and patterns that the Cairen likes, along with some accessories. Xiuyuan said that a year's plan lies in spring, and we should change to new clothes from head to toe to bring good fortune."

Having been in the palace for several years, she had seen quite a lot of good things, even though her birth status was not high.

The items on the tray were clearly exquisite, and Zheng Cairen understood this well.

"Xiuyuan has such good intentions. Now that she is pregnant, I shouldn't disturb her. I must come and thank her properly when I move to my new residence."

Luzhi smiled, "The Cairen is too polite. Our Xiuyuan is always considerate of her own people. I must return to report back, so I won't trouble you any longer."

Zheng Cairen nodded, thought for a moment, and plucked a plain silver flower from her hair, placing it into Luzhi's hand.

"You've had a long trip; you haven't even had a sip of tea. You must accept this. Feicu, please see Miss Luzhi off."

Feicui complied and personally led the way.

This time, Luzhi didn't refuse.

After properly expressing her gratitude, she left.

She was also afraid that refusing too much might arouse Zheng Cairen's suspicion that she looked down on the items.

Once Luzhi left, it wasn't long before Wang Cainu came to visit with her maid.

"I come to greet my sister. I hope I haven't disturbed your guests."

Wang Cainu wore a beaming smile, her tone cautious, tinged with a hint of flattery.

Zheng Cairen waved her hand, "No need for formalities; I wasn't entertaining anyone. What brings you here?"

As she spoke, she noticed that Wang Cainu didn't respond.

Looking up, she found Wang Cainu's gaze fixated on the still-uncollected accessories and fabrics, her eyes sparkling with envy.

Clearly, as someone new to the palace, she hadn't yet learned to hide her emotions.

Zheng Cairen cleared her throat gently to bring her back to reality.

Wang Cainu awkwardly smiled, quickly retrieving a pouch from behind her and presenting it.