Chapter 294 - Cutting Off Supplies

In the past, when Hui Shunyi spoke about such matters, Ye Yun understood her meaning but could not grasp her feelings.

Now that she had become a mother herself, hearing such words resonated deeply within her.

Just like Ye Yun herself.

She did not intend to force her son to become the emperor, but if the emperor were not her son, setting aside her own situation, how could the Fourth Prince, with a birth mother of considerable influence, be tolerated by others?

Therefore, she had no choice but to fight for him.

Being born into royalty was merely about survival.

Hui Shunyi's visit this time also signified that she had completely confided in Ye Yun; their alliance was now very solid.

She stayed with Ye Yun for lunch at Zhao Chun Pavilion before leaving.

In the afternoon, Feicui, who was by Zheng Cairen's side, specially came to Zhao Chun Pavilion to express her gratitude.

Ye Yun only told her, "The Empress is making things difficult for Zheng Cairen because she believes Zheng Cairen is allied with me. I speak for Zheng Cairen because I am convinced that she is on my side."

"I understand what Ming Xiuyi means, and the Cairen understands as well. She also asked me to convey to Xiuyi that in the future, she will definitely follow your lead," Feicui replied, kneeling.

This was indeed a sign of allegiance.

After all, while there had been some interactions in the past, they had not formally established their alliance until today.

Ye Yun did not hesitate; she immediately sent gifts to both Zheng Cairen and Zhou Wanrong.

Although their ranks were different, the gifts were the same.

This also conveyed the message of equality.

There was no need to worry about Zhou Shi's thoughts on the matter.

Ye Yun had come to realize that although Zhou Wanrong was clever, she was not someone who liked to think deeply. 

To put it plainly, she was someone who simply wanted to follow Ye Yun around and live her days without worrying about anything else.

The inner palace had more or less returned to its normal routine. 

Aside from having two more children, everything was about the same as before; the only difference was that Ning Chen was now too busy to come to the palace. 

The people of Liao were best suited for warfare during the summer months, and from June to July, their offensive was exceptionally fierce. 

Even Ye Zhe and Huo Pingbei, who had joined forces, suffered a few setbacks.

This time, the Liao people did not intend to launch an attack from Zhasake but instead focused on Lingzhou. 

Generals Xian and Lu were getting old, and the reinforcements led by General Yan had no combat experience. Huo Pingbei and Ye Zhe were still young, but they were easier to handle compared to the fierce Zhasake people.

The Liaos were also cunning; they split their forces into two routes. The main army was concentrated in Lingzhou, while a portion was left in Zhasake, preventing the Zhasake people from supporting this side.

After all, the Liao army was primarily composed of cavalry, making it quick to move between the two fronts, so neither side could afford to relax. 

As a result, they could only defend their respective positions.