Chapter 335 - Watching a Play

Once they arrived at the garden, it felt particularly pleasant. Every three days, Ye Yun would go to pay her respects, and during her days off, she would sleep in blissfully. On this day, she slept until the end of the Chen hour and hadn't yet gotten out of bed.

Ning Chen came to Jiaotang Garden and left Huiyue and Nanzhi to guard outside, knowing that the lazy cat inside still hadn't opened her eyes. Huiyue performed her greeting and was about to push the door open to call for her, but was stopped by Ning Chen.

"Don't call her; I'll go in and wake her up later," he said.

"Yes," Huiyue replied, momentarily stunned, before withdrawing her hand.

Before long, Ning Chen went to the side hall to fetch the Fourth Prince, followed by the energetic little dog. The big and small, along with the dog, all entered the inner chamber together.

Ning Chen played a trick, gently placing the Fourth Prince on the bed and urging him to get close to Ye Yun's ear.

Thus, in her dreams, Ye Yun suddenly heard a little voice shouting, "Mother!"

This shout startled her awake instantly. Drowsily, she heard the familiar sound of laughter near her ear. After a moment of coming to her senses, she saw the Fourth Prince beaming at her from the bed, while his father laughed so hard that he turned his face away.

Ye Yun felt a surge of anger at being woken up, yet the antics of the father and son made her want to laugh. In the end, she took her frustration out on her son, cupping the Fourth Prince's little face and playfully pinching it twice.

"Your Majesty is truly something else, coming here just to scare me, and even teaming up with Jing'er!"

After venting her frustration, Ye Yun didn't want to move; she flipped over to lie down, turning her back to the father and son outside.

Ning Chen found her slender back amusing. "Why aren't you getting up? If you don't wake up soon, you'll sleep until noon."

"I won't get up; I won't get up! The blanket has enchanted me; I can't leave," Ye Yun half-pouted in annoyance, half-playfully feigning a tantrum.

Who knew that the current emperor was not the same as before, with his aloof demeanor? Hearing her refusal to get up, he directly lay down with the Fourth Prince in his arms.

"Then let's sleep together; I didn't rest well yesterday either."

Just lying there wasn't enough. Ning Chen reached out and pulled Ye Yun closer, embracing her along with the Fourth Prince.

The little Fourth Prince was sandwiched between his parents, waving his arms and legs in protest. With all this commotion, Ye Yun couldn't pretend any longer. She had no choice but to sit up.

Ning Chen glanced at her with amusement, called for a servant to take the child away, and then pulled Ye Yun into his embrace.

"Alright, get up quickly; I have some good news to tell you."

"What is it?"

Ye Yun wrapped her arms around Ning Chen's neck, resting her head against his shoulder, still lazily like a cat.

Ning Chen rubbed his chin against the soft top of her head and whispered, "I'm taking you out of the palace tonight to see a play."

"Out of the palace? To see a play?"

Seeing the person in his arms suddenly become lively and filled with surprise, Ning Chen slightly raised his beautiful phoenix eyes.

"Yes, I'm taking you out of the palace to see a play. Prince Ping has arranged a theater, and I heard that Jiangnan's famous performer, Zhou Xuantong, is coming to perform tonight. I'm taking you to see it."