Chapter 285 - Beyond Blue

"Your Majesty, how will you handle this matter?" Yuan Jiu asked cautiously.

Ning Chen tightly gripped the jade pendant in his hand, his gaze dim.

"What should be done? Haven't I already said it? Deal with it harshly."

He had given An Shi all his patience and kindness, but this time her actions had crossed Ning Chen's bottom line.

Ning Chen did hold onto past feelings, but he was by no means sentimental.

Especially now, Ye Yun had become a different existence for Ning Chen, and An Shi's actions affected not only Ye Yun but also their child.

He had promised Ye Yun that he would protect her and their child, so this time, there was absolutely no possibility of showing mercy.

"Take the white silk, poison wine, and dagger to Qingxin Pavilion. For the sake of the Eldest Prince, I'll leave her intact, along with her family's lives. However, the An family will have all their official positions revoked, their assets confiscated, and sent into exile. My tolerance for her has been more than enough."

Upon hearing this, Yuan Jiu immediately responded, "This servant obeys! I will go handle it right away."

After leaving the main hall, he ran into the Minister of Personnel and the Minister of War, who had come together.

He sighed internally; with the current war situation being critical, An Cainu was really asking for trouble at this time.

In less than the time it took to burn an incense stick, An Cainu was dead.

Her death was brutal; she had chosen the dagger.

She had stabbed herself directly in the heart.

Yuan Jiu watched as the young eunuchs skillfully wrapped her in white cloth and took her away.

There was no chance for her to enter the imperial tomb; she was dragged out and buried outside the royal tomb area.

After dealing with An Cainu, Yuan Jiu personally made a trip to Zhao Chun Pavilion.

Ye Yun didn't say much.

The deceased had already passed, and any grievances would naturally dissipate; one couldn't carry such burdens throughout their life.

What she needed to do next was to take some time and take care of her health.

Upon hearing that the person from Weirui Palace had fainted twice in one day, Ye Yun was also very mindful of her health.

In Fengxi Palace...

The Empress, upon hearing the news, revealed a smile in her eyes.

"Look, Momo, no matter how much favor she received in the past, in the end, she was still personally sentenced to death by the Emperor."

"Only the Empress is the legitimate one; only you can share a lifetime with the Emperor. Those concubines are merely mistresses. Who can have a fate like yours?" Ding Momo smiled.

The Empress lowered her gaze, her expression turning sinister.

"Although An Shi has perished, another Ye Shi has emerged. This truly disgusts me; this time,Ye Shi has indeed been fortunate."

Ding Momo snorted coldly. "If she can escape this time, there are still many days ahead. She won't necessarily evade every crisis."

"Alright, since the Emperor favors Ye Shi and the Fourth Prince, this Empress will naturally support him wholeheartedly. I haven't congratulated Ming Xiuyi on her child's promotion yet. You should send someone to Zhao Chun Pavilion for a visit."