Chapter 363 - Together

On one side was the beloved woman, and on the other side was the pressure of public opinion from the court officials; Ning Chen was feeling quite irritable.

At this moment, Ye Yun took the initiative to go to Jiuchen Palace.

"Your Majesty, I am willing to leave the palace to pray for blessings for you and the peace of the harem."

"Don't talk nonsense; these matters are for me to consider. The end of the year is approaching, so return and wait patiently," Ning Chen said, helping her up, his brow furrowed.

Naturally, he did not want Ye Yun to leave the palace.

"I would never want to put Your Majesty in a difficult position," Ye Yun raised her eyes.

Her eyes were filled with concern and self-reproach, not a hint of grievance in sight.

Faced with such eyes, Ning Chen felt even more pained.

He embraced her tightly, saying, "This is not your fault. They simply cannot stand my favoritism towards you, so they seize this opportunity to pressure me. Do not be afraid; I promise to protect you, and I will ensure that I do so. Just return and wait patiently while I come up with a foolproof plan."

"Okay, no matter what happens, I trust you, Your Majesty," Ye Yun said with a slight smile.

After leaving Jiuchen Palace, Ye Yun's eyes appeared chilling, whether due to the cold wind or for some other reason.

The Empress Dowager's condition had worsened at this critical moment, raising some suspicions of intentionality.

And Jing De Fei's illness also seemed suspiciously timed.

One cannot feign a child's illness, such as that of the Third Prince, but what about Yi Shunyi?

Li Wanrong was associated with Yi Shunyi, and the Astronomical Bureau happened to have connections with the Li family. Even without concrete evidence at the moment, Ye Yun had begun to suspect Yi Shunyi.

"Have Shen Pingzhi look into Yi Shunyi's medical records and prescriptions to see if she is truly ill."

Nan Zhi nodded and immediately set off to the Imperial Hospital.

Feigning illness was not a big deal, but if she were to do so at this time, it could be connected to the celestial events.

What Ye Yun didn't expect was that before confirming whether Yi Shunyi was faking her illness, a major event would emerge from Jiuchen Palace.

Ning Chen decided to leave the palace to pray for blessings alongside her.

Once the news spread, it naturally caused a huge uproar.

Not to mention what was happening in the harem, many officials from the previous dynasty immediately voiced their opposition.

How could a ruler of a country leave the palace so casually?

However, Ning Chen had long since prepared his justification.

As the Emperor, he was the biological son of the Empress Dowager. His mother was ill, and yet he allowed a concubine to leave the palace to pray for blessings, which showed that he had not fulfilled his filial duty.

Whether it was the Empress Dowager or the royal heirs, they were all blood relatives of his. Only allowing Ye Yun, a concubine, to go did not convey sincerity and might not be sufficient to move heaven.

Furthermore, his affection for Ye Yun was also his own doing; thus, Ye Yun's good fortune was a result of his actions as well. It wouldn't be fair to solely blame the woman for this; such behavior is not that of a wise ruler.