Chapter 282 - Double Happiness

With Shen Pingzhi's reassurance, the people in the room finally relaxed their tense hearts.

Seeing Ning Chen let out a sigh of relief, Ye Yun's heart trembled slightly but soon calmed down again.

"Your Majesty, your clothes and shoes are all wet. I have your regular attire here; let the servants help you change first. I also need to follow the physician's advice and prepare properly for the delivery," she said.

Ning Chen looked deeply at her, hesitating slightly.

However, the delivery room was not a place for men, so despite his concerns, he had no choice but to leave.

Before he left, he kissed Ye Yun's forehead again. "Be good; with me here, I will protect both you and the child."

"Mm, I trust you, Your Majesty," Ye Yun smiled softly, also kissing his chin.

Once Ning Chen left, the midwives from the Ye family waiting outside came in to assist with the delivery.

Outside, the wind howled and the rain poured. After changing his clothes, Ning Chen returned but refused to go to the opposite room to wait.

With no other choice, Yuan Jiu had to set up a curtain in the corridor to shield him from the rain and wind and arrange tables, chairs, and a charcoal brazier to keep the Emperor dry.

After about the time it takes to burn an incense stick, low cries of pain from Ye Yun came from inside.

From that moment on, Ning Chen's brows remained tightly furrowed.

Yuan Jiu, also worried, recalled something and quietly asked, "Your Majesty, with the snake incident at Zhao Chun Pavillion, it seems to me that something fishy is going on. What do you think?"

"Investigate! Find out who it is right now, and don't spare anyone!" Ning Chen replied in a low voice.

The pressure in the air made it hard to breathe.

Yuan Jiu understood that the Emperor was genuinely angry this time.

By now, it was late at night, but two courtyards in the palace were still brightly lit.

In Weirui Palace, Yao Xiang endured great pain, almost fainting several times. Fortunately, the midwife was eventually able to adjust the position of the fetus.

After that, the situation improved significantly.

In Zhao Chun Pavillion, although all signs for Ye Yun were good, her labor had started over an hour later than Yao Xiangsheng's, and the first delivery was also progressing slowly, with no good news forthcoming.

Ning Chen sat in the corridor until dawn. Finally, someone came from Weirui Palace.

It was Su'e, a maid by the Empress's side.

She came in with a joyful expression, "Congratulations, Your Majesty! Congratulations, Your Majesty! Fang Jieyu has given birth!"

But before she could finish her sentence, a loud cry of a newborn baby came from the delivery room.

At this moment, Ning Chen had no time to listen to Su'e. He stood up abruptly and rushed toward the delivery room door.

"Has she given birth? How is Ming Xiuyuan? What about the child?" Ning Chen's voice was filled with excitement.

The door creaked open, and Liang Momo smiled as she greeted him. "Your Majesty, Ming Xiuyuan has given birth to a little prince, and both mother and child are safe. It's quite windy outside, so I didn't dare to bring the child out. Your Majesty can see him later."