Chapter 225 - Thunder and Fire

"So generous! Aren't you going to reward me with something as well?"

A familiar voice suddenly came from behind.

Ye Yun turned around to see Ning Chen entering, wearing a long white robe embroidered with golden dragons.

His tall and slender figure, broad shoulders, and narrow waist, coupled with his black hair tied up and secured with a purple-gold hairpin, made his physique look remarkably handsome, especially with the gold and jade belt accentuating it.

Standing at the door, he perfectly blocked the light behind him, appearing as if surrounded by a halo.

Especially those phoenix-like eyes, filled with a hint of laughter, warm yet distant, with the corners slightly raised—truly captivating.

Such an admirable figure, and being the most distinguished Emperor, would surely make all the men in the world envious.

As Ye Yun thought this, she did not hide her amazement, sizing him up from head to toe.

For some reason, Ning Chen felt that the little concubine's gaze toward him was a bit... lustful!

"Cough, why aren't you speaking? Have you turned silly upon seeing me?" Ning Chen raised his hand and lightly coughed into his fist.

"Your Majesty is so handsome that I momentarily lost my senses," Ye Yun replied with a smile, turning around and taking a few steps to slip her small hand into the man's larger one.

What if I reward the Emperor with the chance to apply makeup on me? I think I need a floral ornament placed between my brows.

Ning Chen allowed her to lead him to the dressing table.

He glanced back, and Yuan Jiu quickly lowered his head, signaling the servants in the room to retreat.

Ye Yun picked up a fine brush specifically for makeup and took out a box of cosmetics, neatly arranging them in front of Ning Chen.

"Is there any pattern you like?"

Holding the brush, Ning Chen hesitated to begin and asked.

This was truly a first for him.

"Your Majesty, just draw whatever you think suits me," Ye Yun said with a smile.

As she spoke, she leaned her face closer.

Her eyes, bright as clear springs, made one want to sink into them.

It must be this kind of skin that is described as tender and delicate, Ning Chen thought; this woman's skin is truly fair and soft.

Of course, there is no shortage of beauties in the harem, but who would dare to approach him so boldly and let him gaze upon them?

Although distance creates beauty, a face that is already beautiful and exquisite appears even more stunning when viewed up close.

Ning Chen couldn't help but swallow hard; he shifted his gaze slightly and said, "Let's paint a begonia flower. The begonia is charming and complements you."

He dipped the brush in red rouge and tried to be gentle, carefully painting on the young girl's forehead.

With such a pure white canvas, he didn't dare to make even the slightest mistake.

When he finally put down the brush, he was still examining to see if there were any errors, when suddenly, a pair of small hands cupped his face.

Then, soft lips approached, gently kissing him, neither too light nor too heavy.