Chapter 247 - Spoiled Little One

"Don't worry, Grand Eunuch. Niangao is smart and won't hurt anyone; it just likes the Emperor. Allow me to go in and call it out first."

Ye Yun reassured him a bit, lifted her skirt, and stepped over the threshold.

Huai'an hesitated for a moment but then saw that the Emperor had already reached out to pet the dog, allowing his heart to finally settle.

He didn't close the door, just retreated outside to stand guard.

"Your servant pays her respects to the Emperor." Ye Yun performed a graceful bow.

Ning Chen looked up at her and pointed to the seat beside him, "Come and sit..."

Niangao seemed to understand the command.

It scampered over, circling around Ye Yun before following her back to Ning Chen's side and sitting by her feet.

Watching the pair, Ning Chen found it amusing.

"You've raised quite a clever dog."

"It was a gift from the Emperor, so naturally, it's a smart one. Niangao learns quickly," Ye Yun raised an eyebrow and turned to the dog at her feet, "Niangao, pay your respects."

"Woof woof!"

Obeying the command, Niangao immediately sat down and lifted its front paws in a bow.

This surprised Ning Chen, making his eyes light up.

While there were dog trainers, who would perform such tricks in front of the Emperor?

It was quite novel.

Seeing his interest, Ye Yun decided to show off, "Extend your hand, and say 'shake hands' to Niangao; it can tell left from right."

Ning Chen was skeptical but couldn't resist the curiosity and tried it.

He clumsily extended his hand, "Niangao, shake hands."

In the next second, a dog paw was placed in his hand.

Niangao wagged its tail, excitedly panting.

"Right paw." Ning Chen got into it and tried giving another command.

As Ye Yun had said, Niangao placed its right paw on his hand.

Ning Chen actually wanted to keep playing but was afraid of seeming childish; after a couple of rounds, he suppressed his itch and stopped.

"You must have spent a lot of time training it privately; you're always playing with the dog, aren't you?"

He didn't mean anything by it, but Ye Yun found it somewhat awkward.

She rolled her eyes without hesitation.

"I'm not very accomplished, only good at playing with dogs."

"Tsk, I didn't mean it that way. You really have quite the temper now," Ning Chen said with a hint of disdain in his voice, but his eyes were smiling as he reached out to pinch her cheek. "Spoiled little one..."

"Ah!" Ye Yun complained and tried to dodge, but she didn't manage to escape. Pouting, she said, "The Emperor touched Niangao's paw and then touched my face."

"How dare you complain about me? You've really gone too far!"

Ning Chen narrowed his eyes slightly, reaching out his long arm to pull her into his embrace.

Their gazes met, and his phoenix eyes glinted with a hint of mischief, looking just like a dandy teasing a respectable woman.

But that wasn't enough.