Chapter 281 - Startled

The few maids were so frightened that their legs felt weak, and they immediately started shouting.

As they called out, they helped Ye Yun retreat outside.

The commotion had startled everyone in Zhao Chun Pavillion.

Unfortunately, Bai Zhu wasn't there at the moment; Hui Yue, who had originally been resting, hurriedly got up and told the young eunuchs to bring whatever they could use to secure the main room while also checking for more snakes elsewhere.

Upon inspection, they discovered that there were two smaller snakes crawling among the flowers and plants in the courtyard, heading toward the main room.

At that moment, Nian Gao was also quite anxious, rushing out into the rain and barking wildly at the snakes.

Ye Yun had been severely startled by the snake that had suddenly fallen onto the canopy and couldn't stay in the room any longer.

She was still barefoot, dressed in a thin nightgown, being helped outside by the maids.

It was still raining heavily outside, and even with an umbrella, she was soaked halfway up her body.

Liang Momo arrived; despite her age, she remained composed.

She first sent someone to thoroughly inspect the side room to ensure it was safe, and after confirming, she called four eunuchs to carry Ye Yun on a small reclining chair.

While on the chair, Ye Yun felt a sudden pang of pressure in her abdomen, and then she felt a warmth in her lower body as a stream of liquid flowed out.

"Momo, Momo, I'm going to give birth! I'm going to give birth! My water has broken, Momo..."

Even the most composed person couldn't help but feel distressed in this situation. Ye Yun's voice was already trembling with tears as she tightly grasped Liang Momo's hand, her entire body shaking with fear.

Liang Momo immediately held her hand in return, leaning closer to wipe the cold sweat from her forehead with a handkerchief.

"Xiuyuan, don't be afraid. I'm here," she reassured. "Hui Yue has gone to summon the Emperor, and Lu Mei is fetching Imperial Physician Shen. You need to calm down. The physician said your fetal position is good, and the baby is healthy. It's fine if the due date is a bit early or late by half a month. Trust me, everything will be alright."

As she spoke, Liang Momo freed one hand to gently massage Ye Yun's belly.

Her calm demeanor finally helped Ye Yun regain some rationality, and she began to relax as well.

At that moment, Nan Zhi found a clean new outfit from the storeroom and helped her change into something dry, then wiped her hands and feet with warm water.

Ye Yun endured the pain and spoke up, "Go and tell them that if they can capture the snake alive, they should. Even if they kill it, they must not discard it. There shouldn't be snakes appearing in Zhao Chun Pavillion for no reason; someone must be plotting behind the scenes, and we need to leave evidence."

"And check everywhere; we can't miss a single spot, especially in the flowerbeds where the foliage is dense and can easily hide things."

Nan Zhi nodded, glancing at her with concern before turning to leave the delivery room.

At this moment, Ye Yun once again held Liang Momo's hand and said, "Momo, I don't trust the midwives arranged by the palace. Bai Zhu has gone overnight to bring the family servants from the Ye family into the palace. I probably won't give birth right away, but I ask you to keep the people from the Internal Affairs Bureau away from me. I don't want the Empress's people near me."