Chapter 306 - Incompatible Forces

"Xiurong, Xiurong, what's wrong?" Zizhu panicked as she supported her and hurriedly shouted, "Quick, call for the imperial physician, call for the imperial physician!"

In an instant, the entire Weirui Palace was thrown into chaos.

In Jiuchen Palace, Ning Chen received the news and went to take a look.

The imperial physician examined her and said it was due to her qi and blood attacking her heart, causing her to faint momentarily.

In simpler terms, she just couldn't take it all at once.

"Your Majesty, when Fang Xiurong gave birth to the Third Princess, she had a difficult labor, which left her weakened. Later, she didn't take proper care during her confinement and was already in a state of dual deficiency of qi and blood.

Now, hearing such news has dealt her another blow. It's no surprise she couldn't hold on. There's no other medicine to treat this; I can only prescribe some tonic to replenish her qi and blood, allowing Xiurong to drink it for recovery."

Ning Chen frowned, "I understand. Fang Xiurong's condition is entrusted to you; you must be diligent."

"I obey your command." The imperial physician clasped his hands in respect.

At this time, there were still matters from the previous dynasty that needed attention, and Ning Chen could not stay to wait for Yao Xiang to wake up, so he left first.

However, before leaving, he checked on the Third Princess and admonished the wet nurse, forbidding her from treating the child harshly.

Only then did he leave Weirui Palace.

In the memorial that Ye Zhe submitted, it was mentioned that there were spies in the military, which was no small matter and required cautious handling.

The report of Yao Xu's death stated that it was caused by his own guards being turned against him.

At first, Ning Chen had some doubts, but later, other officials submitted memorials describing Ye Zhe's injuries, which were life-threatening as well.

This dispelled his doubts.

Due to Yao Xu's inability to recognize and properly employ people, which led to this disastrous outcome, Ning Chen was quite annoyed. If it weren't for Yin Shi's timely arrival, the commander of Beiling Pass would have perished along with him.

Thus, there would be no rewards, but considering that the Yao family had served in the government for several generations, some consolation was still necessary.

He then sent Yuan Jiu personally to pay his respects to the Yao family and promoted the only legitimate son of the Yao family, Yao Xin, one rank.

However, these actions were of little consequence.

After all, Yao Xu, who was both literate and martial, was the heir the Yao family had painstakingly nurtured over many years, while Yao Xin couldn't even compare to the finger of his elder brother.

Yao Xiang remained unconscious for a full two days.

During this time, Ye Yun also received a secret letter from her mother, Lady Chu, which was delivered discreetly.

The letter informed her that it was Yao Xu who had plotted to harm her brother first but was ultimately killed in retaliation, urging her to be cautious.

It also informed Ye Yun that she was already investigating this matter in secret, and once the truth was revealed, she would bring the entire Yao family before the court.

After reading the letter, Ye Yun guessed that Yao Xu's plans had been thorough and meticulous, making it difficult to determine his guilt at this time.

However, military matters must not be delayed, and it was necessary to report to the capital immediately, so they falsely claimed that Yao Xu had been killed by the rebels.