Chapter 259 - Liang Momo

"Having consorts become pregnant is a good thing for the royal family to expand and flourish. You are all still young, so there's no need to envy or rush; everyone will have children in time."

The Empress spoke with a smile.

"Although there are already five children in the palace, that's not too many. With Ming Xiurong expecting now, the Emperor is quite pleased. He mentioned to me yesterday to prepare Zhao Chun Pavilion for her to move into next year. It's possible that during the New Year, her status may also be elevated."

Although Ning Chen didn't explicitly say it was forbidden to speak of this outside, since he mentioned promoting her status during the New Year, it likely meant they should wait.

Therefore, the Empress intentionally left her words ambiguous.

Her main goal was to leak a bit of information; perhaps someone capable might think of a way to stop Ye Yun's promotion.

Since the Empress wasn't feeling very well, she didn't keep these people for long.

The consorts left Fengxi Palace, and it was rare for them to be quiet.

This was mainly because the two targets who were pregnant weren't present; last night, the Empress had shared a bed with the emperor, so no one dared to make sarcastic remarks, and their energy had no outlet.

The consequence of having no outlet for their energy was that Yi Shunrong ran into Yao Xiang while out for a walk and harshly mocked her.

"Oh, with both of you pregnant, why does the Emperor only go to Yuxiu Pavilion and not come to Weirui Palace? Oh, no, soon Ming Xiurong will be moving to Zhao Chun Pavilion, which is much bigger than Weirui Palace."

Yao Xiang's face darkened, but the person before her held a much higher rank, so even if she felt uncomfortable, she could only endure it.

"Shunrong is joking. I'm only a Jieyu; how can I compare with Ming Xiurong?"

"If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have forgotten. Since you are no longer one of the nine consorts, you cannot stay in the main hall of Weirui Palace. You should hurry and move to the side chamber instead; the rules cannot be broken. I might let it slide, but if others find out, they might think you are deliberately violating palace regulations."

Yi Shunrong smirked coldly and turned to Yunxiu beside her, giving orders.

"Fang Jieyu might be short-handed; take two people to help her move her things. This is also my intention."

Yao Xiang was in no position to refuse, and Yunxiu immediately called over four little eunuchs.

Yao Xiang gritted her teeth in anger; it was indeed her fault, so she could only endure it silently.

Thus, that morning, with Yunxiu's enthusiastic assistance, Yao Xiang moved from the spacious main hall to the side hall in half a day.

Looking at the room that was half the size, as soon as Yunxiu left, Yao Xiang smashed the teacup beside her in frustration.

Startled, Zizhu hurried over to comfort her.

"Jieyu, you mustn't get upset and harm your health; you're pregnant now. Yi Shunrong's actions are definitely meant to provoke you, so don't fall for her tricks!"

"Just because she's pregnant, Ye Yun has become precious. Am I carrying a rock in my belly? The Emperor doesn't value me, and those lowly women dare to belittle me!"

Yao Xiang's temples bulged with anger as she smashed the teapot again.

Half a pot of tea splashed everywhere, soaking the ground and dampening her skirt.