Chapter 319 - Blooming Youth

The weather was cold, and after having lunch, Ye Yun felt like taking a nap. However, going to sleep right after eating wasn't good for digestion, so she sipped on some digestive tea and sat for a while. The Fourth Prince hadn't been taken away yet and was also drowsy, his eyes drooping. Ye Yun and the child leaned against a bolster, playing with a cloth tiger, while Ning Chen pulled a travel journal off the bookshelf to read.

Nowadays, it seemed Ye Yun no longer read storybooks, having switched entirely to travel journals. They were all quite interesting. Once he started reading, he became so engrossed that nearly half an hour had passed before he put the book down. By then, both mother and son had already fallen asleep, cuddling together.

Earlier, Ye Yun had been playing with the child in her arms, but once she dozed off, she continued to hold him. The servants didn't dare disturb either of them and quietly covered the two with blankets.

Ning Chen stretched his legs, which had grown a bit numb from sitting too long, and walked over to the small couch. Although the Fourth Prince resembled him more, the delicate features still carried traces of Ye Yun's charm. Both big and small, with their fair skin, made Ning Chen's heart soften.

It wasn't suitable for them to sleep in the outer room, though. So Ning Chen gently removed Ye Yun's arm from around the child and had the servants take the boy away. After that, he personally lifted the bigger one, Ye Yun, and carried her to the inner room to sleep.

Though Ye Yun was vaguely aware of being moved, she was too tired to open her eyes and let Ning Chen do as he pleased. He tucked her into bed, removed his own outer garments, and lay down beside her. The two of them enjoyed a brief afternoon nap together.

They didn't sleep for long, waking up after a little more than half an hour. By then, it was already starting to get dark outside.

Ye Yun, who woke up first, mischievously reached her hand to Ning Chen's neck, playfully stroking it like she was plucking the strings of a musical instrument. Ning Chen let out a helpless sigh and turned to pull her close, pressing the back of her head against his neck.

"Time to get up, Your Majesty," Ye Yun murmured, rubbing her forehead against his neck. The strands of her hair brushed against Ning Chen's skin, tickling him and making his heart stir. His phoenix eyes narrowed slightly as he lifted her chin and gave her a light kiss on her red lips.

However, a mere taste wasn't enough—it was too addictive. As things began to escalate beyond control, the blanket was kicked off and fell to the ground. The sudden chill made both of them shiver, halting their playful moment.

Ye Yun couldn't help but laugh, and Ning Chen, feeling resigned, knew that they'd have to wait until evening for a more "intimate" continuation.

After planting a few more kisses on Ning Chen's neck, Ye Yun called for the maids to help them get up.

Having rested for the afternoon, they both felt quite refreshed. The two strolled around the courtyard outside. The snow in the courtyard had been thoroughly cleared, though a thick layer remained piled against the flowerbeds by the walls. This untouched snow was left intentionally; once the weather warmed, it would be good for growing flowers and plants.

Feeling playful, Ye Yun crouched down, grabbed a handful of snow, and shaped it into one large and one small ball. Stacking the two together, she formed a snowman.

"How does it look?" Ye Yun presented the snowman to Ning Chen.

Ning Chen smiled as he took it. "If you like it, I'll have the servants build you a bigger one."

"Well then, I won't be polite. Let's build one right at the entrance, shall we?"

Her sparkling eyes gazed at him expectantly. How could he refuse such a request? He wished he could make one appear instantly just to make her happy.