Chapter 274 - Suppression

With increased favor, one naturally encounters more sycophants and flatterers, and Ye Yun accepts their compliments with a smile.

She immediately instructed Huiyue and Nanzhi to distribute reward money to the palace attendants who came to pay their respects.

This kind of rapport isn't solely built on others' flattery; it requires careful nurturing from oneself. The silver spent on connections cannot be skimped on.

Over the years, Ye Yun had never been stingy with rewards, especially towards the servants in her courtyard.

Now, everyone in the palace praised Ming Xiuyuan as a good master and countless people were eager to squeeze their way into her service.

However, not just anyone could casually enter Zhao Chun Pavilion.

Ye Yun wasn't someone who liked to be surrounded by many attendants, so there weren't many servants in Zhao Chun Pavilion. By protocol, five more would have to be added.

But given her pregnancy, she was especially cautious and would never accept new people at this time.

Outside, the servants were planting flowers and grass. Ye Yun watched for a while but found it dull, so she went inside.

Liang Momo helped her sit down and began to massage her legs.

She was nearly seven months pregnant and had started to experience mild swelling, needing a massage every day to feel comfortable.

Liang Momo was skilled at this, and her technique was exceptionally refined.

Although she had taught Huiyue and Nanzhi, the two girls still fell short, so Liang Momo personally gave the massage.

Now that she was seated, Ye Yun began to chat casually.

"Momo, when I give birth, my waist will definitely be much thicker than before, right?"

"Rest assured, Xiuyuan. Once you give birth, I'll massage you, and after a month of confinement, you'll mostly return to your previous shape. Your diet during pregnancy has been good, so your body hasn't gained much weight, and your belly hasn't developed stretch marks; recovery will be quite good," Liang Momo explained with a smile as she continued to massage.

Ye Yun's eyes brightened. "Is there really such a magical technique? I've always heard people say that after giving birth, the waist will get thicker."

"It will indeed be a bit thicker, but my technique, when applied for a month, is very effective. I will teach it to Huiyue and Nanzhi, and if they persist in massaging you every day, within half a year, you'll be just like before," Liang Momo said.

Finally, she brought up another matter. "In a little over two months, Xiuyuan will be giving birth. The midwife must be someone trustworthy. Although the Internal Affairs Court is prepared, if you have connections at home, you may also find someone yourself."

Childbirth has always been a matter of life and death for women, especially in this era with underdeveloped medicine, where difficult births leading to death were quite common.

This stage must not have any issues.

However, this matter didn't require Liang Momo's reminder; Ye Yun had already arranged for someone to go outside the palace early in the morning to send a letter to her mother.

Lady Chu also took this matter seriously and had already chosen a few experienced midwives. She brought them and their families to her residence, where they all signed a death contract.

After careful consideration, four were ultimately selected, while the others remained in the Ye family to work.

This matter was kept under tight wraps, and no one knew anything about it.