Chapter 377 - Postponement

Tai Guifei was undoubtedly a legitimate elder, having given birth to Prince Ping.

"Send someone to notify Second Brother," Ning Chen instructed as he got up to dress.

Yuan Jiu responded and arranged for Huai'an to go.

Ye Yun naturally also needed to get up and go to Ci'an Palace.

Although there was no need to kneel before the deceased, they still had to pay their respects.

As for the Yao family, Ye Yun was not fond of getting close to them.

She didn't believe that Yao Xiang or the Yao family had not participated in various deeds back in the day, but now that the person had passed away, she did not want to pursue the matter further.

They were all just pitiful souls trapped in the deep palace.

Within less than an hour, Ci'an Palace was brightly lit.

The internal affairs office had prepared for the late Tai Guifei's funeral early on, and everything was being arranged in an orderly manner.

Prince Ping and Princess Consort Ping arrived, kneeling before Tai Guifei's bed.

One had a pale complexion and red, swollen eyes, while the other was holding a handkerchief to wipe the corners of her eyes, both appearing heartbroken.

"Second Brother, please accept my condolences. Li Momo, who served closely, said Tai Guifei passed away peacefully," Ning Chen patted Prince Ping's shoulder.

Prince Ping took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Thank you, Your Majesty, for your comfort. Mother has been suffering from illness for a long time, so this is also a kind of release."

At this moment, Prince Kang also arrived.

He silently patted Prince Ping's shoulder to show his support.

In any case, the three brothers had been remarkably harmonious.

This was largely due to the previous emperor's Empress Zhang being overly strong-willed and having given birth to the eldest legitimate son, which made the other concubines and princes feel suppressed, thereby causing the younger ones to grow especially close.

Later, the late emperor passed away suddenly, and an imperial decree was issued to determine the candidates, preventing the three of them from competing for it.

Ning Chen was also warm and affectionate towards his brothers, which allowed them to maintain harmony until now.

Tai Guifei was, after all, a concubine of the late emperor and could not bear to have Ning Chen and his consorts kneel before her.

Thus, after the palace concubines paid their respects, it was Prince Ping and Princess Consort Ping who came to the palace daily to kneel before her spirit.

The place where the coffin was kept was called Yinghua Hall.

According to palace regulations, Tai Guifei's coffin could remain for seven days before being buried in the late emperor's tomb.

During these seven days, Prince Ping and Princess Ping had to enter the palace daily to kneel before the spirit, and Ning Chen ordered that the entire palace be draped in white for a month to signify mourning.

In Cining Palace...

A newly assigned palace maid to take care of the Empress Dowager was named Huanhuan, in her thirties, quite efficient and intelligent.

Among the new arrivals, the Empress Dowager was gentler with her than with anyone else.

"Yao Qianhua has died?"