Chapter 301 - Difficulties

"What does Momo want with me? Did you see how that Ye woman acted? She doesn't even regard me!"

The upset Empress angrily slapped the table as she saw the people leave.

"Oh, my dear Empress, what time is it now? Ming Xiuyi's brother is fighting in Lingzhou. Why seek out her troubles at this moment? If she wants to be reckless, let her be. The Emperor is being tolerant now, but what about in the future?"

Ding Momo advised her in a gentle tone.

This time, however, the Empress hardly listened, her brows furrowed in irritation.

"You say this every time, but when has she ever gone too far? I've tried to flatter her before, but that Ye woman is completely unyielding; she does whatever she wants, which only makes the Emperor cherish her even more."

"Flowers don't bloom forever. Haven't you seen enough of that over the years?" Ding Momo continued patiently. "Your Majesty, just hold your ground and let her be. She might maintain her composure for a while, but can she maintain it for a lifetime?"

Though her words were reasonable, the Empress found it hard to accept.

One prince after another was being born, yet there was still no movement in her own belly, making her very anxious.

But given the current situation, she had no choice but to listen.

With a sigh, she decided to let it go for now.

Meanwhile, outside Fengxi Palace, Ye Yun had stopped Yao Xiang's sedan chair.

"What does Ming Xiuyi mean by this?" Yao Xiang asked, her face dark.

"Fang Xiurong must have forgotten the rules. Our Xiuyi is of higher status than you. Before speaking, you should get out of the sedan and greet her," Huiyue said loudly.

As she spoke, Ye Yun sat in the sedan, lowering her head to fiddle with her sleeves, appearing very indifferent.

At that moment, Yao Xiang clenched the handkerchief in her hand, struggling to suppress her anger as her chest heaved.

Huiyue glanced at her and took a few steps closer with a smile.

"It seems that Fang Xiurong has forgotten how to greet properly. I will demonstrate for her."

"Place your hands together, left hand on top, at your waist, aligned with your navel, half a fist's distance from your body. Step back with your right leg, bend both knees simultaneously, and look straight ahead and say I pay my respects to Ming Xiuyi."

After finishing her demonstration, Hui Yue stood up. "Please, Fang Xiurong, get out of the sedan and follow the rules."

Such oppression had always been something Yao Xiang directed at others; no one had ever dared to treat her this way.

But at this moment, Ye Yun's status was indeed higher than hers, and her actions were in accordance with the rules, so Yao Xiang could not ignore it.

Still, she refused to back down, gritting her teeth and saying, "I'm not feeling well and cannot get out of the sedan. I hope Xiuyi will forgive me."

"Oh? Unable to get out of the sedan? It seems quite serious," Ye Yun replied casually, glancing at her before continuing, "Today, I happen to want to consult with Imperial Physician Shen. His medical skills are unmatched. Fang Xiurong should accompany me to Zhao Chun Pavilion to take a look."

Having said this, she exchanged a glance with Bai Zhu.

Bai Zhu understood and immediately took a few steps forward, standing beside the eunuch who was carrying Yao Xiang's sedan.