Prologue

No one's POV

The girls father and herself were training one night, he was teaching her how to strike a target with the throwing knives perfectly every time. She was getting it near the end until her father thought it was time to have a bit of dueling practice. The girls father, John William Dragonway, was a very strict man in his own way. He loved his daughter in everyway possible. She was his pride and joy, and ever since her mother died he's been the one there for her to train, care, and love her. He wanted her to know all the vast weaponry and combat skills. He wanted to teach her everything he knew before he died. Her father was a tall man with strong features and muscles. He had black hair and the bluest eyes. His eyes were the color of rain and the sky, the color of the clouds during a storm and the ocean.

He was very handsome, and got a lot of attention because he was the best shadowhunter of his generation. Everyone knew his name, and the name of his only child. They were both very famous in the shadow world, and everyone wanted to hear about them.

The training continued between the small 10 year old and her father for quite some time before the girl heard a noise from the floor below them. It sounded like a door being slammed open very hard, like the door was blown from its hinges. She stopped and looked at her frozen father. She heard another noise that sounded like things were being thrown around and smashed into the wall. "Sweetheart, I am going to go check it out." He kneeled in front of the girl placing his hand on her shoulder, "I want you to run to your bedroom and climb out of your window and hide away from here. Daddy will find you when he is done looking, Ok?" The small girl nodded, tears falling down her cheeks. Her father wiped them away and said his final words to her "Daddy loves you very much" And kissed her forehead. "I love you to daddy." She hugged her father and ran to her room and did what he had told her.

She hid in the darkness of an alleyway. She fell asleep in the cover of night. When she awoke the next day she returned to the manor house to find that the doors were, in fact, blown open off its hinges. The building seemed empty, so she entered. She roamed the halls calling for her daddy over and over again. Tears were streaming down her small cheeks as she ran down the empty hallways. She ran until she found her way back to the main hall where she found one body laying lifeless on the floor with blood covering it. She lay near the dead body laying across it crying softly. The figure coughs and breathes one of is last breaths.

She looks at the now half-dead figure lying on the bloody floor and it speaks "Daddy loves you very much sweetie. Can you do him a favor?" She nods still sobbing softly, "Good. Now, go up to your room a grab a few things. Clothes, and stuff." She nodded again noting what she should do. "Next pack your backpack with those things and run, runaway from this place. Daddy doesn't want you to get involved and hurt. Please run away from here and don't come back." She nodded sobbing harder. "Leave daddy here, remember your training he taught you and use the emergency money we have stashed." and with his finally breath he said "Daddy loves his little angel, be a good girl." Me smiled one last time, then he went limp leaving his little girl alone in that empty house sobbing her little eyes out.

She did as she was told and ran away from the California Institute with a great haste. She took clothes, money, blankets and her fathers favorite seraph blade and dagger. She stuffed them into her big backpack. She was still crying and running until she couldn't any longer. She rested on a bench in the park, and cried hard. She was alone there so no one saw her there. She soon saw people coming and hid in a nearby tree. The tree was big enough to live in, and so she did. She unpacked all her things onto the branches decorating it with her clothing and blankets. She kept the weapons in her bag so she would always have protection.

The girl lay in her new home, thinking about her dead fathers last words.

**Two years later**

The girl was laying in the same spot she had been for the past two years and thought about the words her father had spoken to her before he died in her tiny arms. 'Daddy loves his little Angel, be a good girl.' Tears began to fall down her cheeks as she lay in her tree house. She had used the money to buy bigger blankets and lots of food. She managed to find loose twenties and other dollar bills on the ground throughout her life as a homeless orphan. She saved the money to buy more clothes and food as well. She was saving for a trip to New York, Brooklyn to be exact. She wanted to get away from all the people trying to take her away from her "home"

The girl lay there on her big branch curled up in her blankets sleepless for another night. The girls life had been very hard over the years, dealing with people asking her where she was from and why she was always alone in the park or anywhere else. When she was younger, people tried to take her into their homes but she lied and said she had a family waiting for her at home. She was 12 years old now, she knew how to take care of herself out here in the crewel world of the city. She wanted to get away and move to New York and start a new life. She had saved up almost a thousand dollars, maybe more now. She was ready to move.

**************************************

A/N: This is really something I came up with when I was bored then I got into it. Why not continue it?