Chapter Twenty-six

Ana's POV

"I have an uncle..." I said to myself, breathing heavily and pacing slowly around the living room. I got up for a second because I began hyperventilating on the couch. Alec decided that laying down and breathing intensely wasn't good for someone in my condition. That person Damian that says he's my uncle was sitting on the couch next to Alec. His eyes were the same, deep ocean blue. His hair was the same too, dark charcoal black. 

"I have an uncle..." I whispered to myself again still pacing. I had my arms wrapped around my waist, walking back and forth in the living room. I looked back over at him again, I saw my father in him. I saw the same look he always gave me when he felt sorry for me, or when he felt sympathy. I felt enraged, angry, upset. 

"I have an uncle!" I yelled at the two of them. He stood up and walked over to me, big mistake there. I grabbed his shirt and punched him square in the nose. "Why didn't you come see me after my father died you asshole!" I screamed at him while Alec was pulling me away from him. 

"I see that my brother taught you well." He said holding his nose, I made his nose bleed. It was gushing all over the floor. 

"WHY?! WHY DIDNT YOU COME FIND ME IN CALIFORNIA YOU ASSHOLE!" I screamed at him again fighting against Alec's tough grip. I felt myself begin to burn up, I could feel my temperature shoot up like a rocket. "Alec.." I whispered softly, "You have to let go.." He understood and let me go. I felt my body give out and I fell to the floor, my body burning from the heat coming from well my body.

I pushed back the heat, but it would only last for a while. My fire powers went off when I got angry. "You fucking bastard." I said standing up, "Why didn't you come and find me when you heard he died!" I began raising my voice at this point, I was furious with this man. Showing up four years after my father's death, he left me out there to die without looking for me. That bastard.

"Hear me out please." He said stepping towards me arms spread. I stepped away from him in disgust. He backed up, I could see the pain in his eyes but I didn't give a shit. He is a bastard.

"How do I even know that you are my uncle anyway? My father said his only brother was dead." I spat at him looking very crossly at him, staring deep into his eyes with my sickening glare. 

"Truthfully, you father hated my guts. We were best friends once, him and I, but then one day he made a terrible decision and I told him not to do it but he went and did it anyway. He has despised me ever since." He looked at the floor and began scratching the back of his head. "He never told me about you... about a year after he died I finally found out that he had a daughter. Another thing that I just found out is that she really knows how to throw a punch." He laughed nervously, still holding his bleeding nose.

"I've been looking for you ever since. I searched all over California searching for my younger brothers daughter." He looked sad, heartbroken, for some reason. I felt a twang of something deep inside my chest but I ignored it. "I asked all over the downworld to find out if any of them had seen any trace of you. I finally found some information from a certain warlock, that I must not name. He told me that he saw you heading off to New York. I followed and kept on looking until I found more information that led me here." He finished, letting out a sigh of relief. Sounds like you didn't think you'd get this far... I thought to myself.

"Well, Damian, I'd say your story is pretty solid." I said quite coldly at him, "But I still find it odd that yo-" I coughed hard, harder than I have been. Blood spewed from my mouth and splattered itself onto the floor. Alec panicked and grabbed tissue for me, when I was finally able to stand I took the tissues and wiped the blood off of my lips. 

Damian looked paralyzed. He must not have found out as much information as he thought he did. I mentally chuckled to myself, idiot. "Anyways, I still find it odd that you didn't know about me. I'm his daughter, you would think he'd tell his brother that he had me or something." 

"Well, that's just how mad he was. I received a letter from him soon after he left saying that he didn't want me to come anywhere near him or any of his family. I stayed away, never receiving another letter again." He sighed, I instantly felt bad for the guy. 

I sighed, "I'm sorry...Damian...I didn't know...My actions tend to speak faster than I like..." I laughed nervously and received a small chuckled from the odd man that looked some what like my father. 

Suddenly Magnus walked slowly into the room, he must have been sleeping. He perked up when he say the face of...Damian... my "uncle".

"John?! I thought you were dead!" He said shuffling over to stand by me. 

"Magnus, sweetheart, this isn't John." Alec said softly to Magnus. He looked confused 

"Then who is this lookalike?" He said, still very confused and he looked very tired. He had bags under his eyes and they were drooping shut. 

"This is Damian...my..." I had to force this one out, "Uncle..." I sighed in relief. Finally said it!

"I never knew John had a brother." 

"Believe me I don't think anyone knew he did." I said to him in his ear, I hear him chuckle. 

"Well, Damian, what brings you here?" Magnus said straightening up to seem more... proper I guess. Although, his makeup from last night was smudged and his hair was a spiky mess. Alec didn't seem to mind it, though, I smiled at Alec. He was looking at Magnus the way I wanted someone to look at me, with complete love and adoration. 

Damian pointed at me and then put his hand back down. "I want her." I looked at him with my 'da fuq' look. "I want to take her to Dragonway Manor to meet her family, well it's more like mine but you get the point." He smiled, that smile brought unwanted tears to my eyes. I thought that I would never see that smile again, but I guess I have but it's from the wrong person. I pushed those tears away

"It'll only be for a few days, just to get to know everyone, then she can come back here if she would like." He took a step forward, but this time I didn't step back. I looked over at Alec who had a 'go for it' look in his eye, Magnus had a different look though.

"She is very I'll Mr. Dragonway, I do not know if she is well enough for travel." He was right, my weakness strikes again. Unless...

"What if I brought someone to look after me." I blurted out to them. Alec looked surprised, Magnus looked concerned and Damian looked rather confused. 

"But Anastasia..." Magnus begged. That name still hurt to hear...

"As he said it'll only be for a few days, that is perfect for a person in my condition." I said to him in my most serious tone. Magnus sighed and looked over at Alec, they seemed to be having a silent conversation with one another. It looked kind of adorable.

"Alright fine, but I am the one that has to follow. Understood?" I looked at the ground, thinking about whether or not I would agree... 

"Ah, what the hell. Let's go on an adventure Mags!" Off skipped into their room to grab my books and shit.