Chapter Forty-two

Jace's POV

"Ana's gone!" My son yelled storming into the dining room. I felt my heart and legs give out at the same time. I fell to the floor screaming 'no' over and over again. Clary was rubbing my back and telling me to calm down but I just couldn't. She was my best friend next to Alec. She was always there for me, her smile always bringing the happiness back to me and everyone else. We had no idea who took her or if they have killed her yet already.

Jason came over to me and looked me in the eyes. I felt so stupid, this was his girlfriend. I got up and triumphantly hugged my son. "You brave soul." I whispered. I felt him shake a little with laughter. I push him away then look him right in the eyes. "We will find her, I promise." I said reassuringly. He smiled and went to hug his mother. Such a mamas boy he is. I thought.

Ana's POV

Darkness, that's all I can see. I know I'm awake, at least that's what I am aware of. I'm strapped to a wooden chair, I'm guessing, that is placed in the center of a dark and empty room. I groan in frustration, it feels like it's been hours since I was "taken". The thought of Jason and how he is flashed across my mind, I felt tears start to fall down my cheeks at the mere glimpse of his smiling happy face. The tears stopped when a tall dark haired figure came walking in, his fierce red eyes blazing.

"Zion. I should have known." A light was turned on, the room lit up in an instant. It was all made of black bricks stacked high, the only think in the room was the chair that I was sitting in.

"Awe, she remembered me. I'm so touched." He smirked at me, I felt fire blazing through my veins. "Don't bother trying to use those pesky little powers of yours. This entire room is magic proof. Sorry sweet cheeks." He smirked and began circling around me, messing with my hair as he gracefully walked around my helpless figure.

"Bastard." I spit out through my gritted teeth. He faked being shocked by putting his hand dramatically to him chest.

"My dear Anastasia, that is no way to treat your future husband." At this point I was fuming with rage.

"I never agreed to do that. That's sick, that is sick and you know it you bastard!" I yelled at him, shaking the chair around trying to break free so I could punch his ugly ass face.

"Ah ah ah, that's no way to behave. You don't want to be punished do you?" I remained silent. He smirked then laughed at me, crouching in front of me so he could look right into my eyes. "Your eyes are just like John's." He scowled. "I hate it. But they are beautiful." He chuckled and stood again. He stood still in the doorway not facing me. "You know if you behave, then I might get you a better room." He chuckled and left me in the dark, empty room again.

Jason's POV

"Have you found her yet?!" I ask angrily at my Uncle Magnus. He sighs with his eyes still closed, concentration was his priority right now.

"No, Jason. Tracking is complicated. I'll let you know if I find anything. Go fire-message Raven. She needs to be here in case she feels Ana being hurt or possibly killed." I winced at the though of whoever took her hurting her or maybe killing her. That won't happen, I won't let it happen.

I ran straight to the office area and began writing the message to Raven:

Dear Raven,

I am very sorry to say that Anastasia has been taken by and unknown person. She was taken late last night by a dark mist while training with me. We really need you here to provide us with any feelings or signs of Ana's condition. Get here as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Jason Herondale

I let it go and it blew up in a burst of fire. I sighed, even though I knew it sent I couldn't help but feel I forgot to do something. I shrugged it off and left the area, sprinting back to see my sister and Elizabeth. They were not taking Ana's disappearance well at all. Olivia wouldn't stop crying and Elizabeth hasn't slept since the news last night. I can't imagine they will be sleeping until she is found, I don't think anyone will.

"Olivia, are you feeling any better?" I asked her stupidly, she was still crying.

"No she's not any better, Jason! No one is!" Elizabeth yelled while pacing around the room. She was pulling at her long Raven black hair and muttering to herself about how we all failed Anastasia. I slammed my hand on the desk and stood up.

"SHUT UP ELIZABETH!" I screamed at her. She stopped mid-mutter and looked at me, shocked. I was just as surprised as her. I never yelled, not even if I was hurt or anything. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed disappointingly. "I'm sorry... I just can't handle her not being here." Olivia nodded in agreement.

"She was always to one to calm everyone down and help us smiled..." She smiled for the first time since yesterday, and her continuous crying stopped as well. Elizabeth let a few tears fall as she nodded sadly.

"She was special. Even though she went through the death of her whole family, she was still there to keep everyone happy even though she wasn't herself." I gasped slightly. Elizabeth nodded again. "Yes I knew that she cut herself and played everything off like it was nothing." A flash of memory came across my mind.

"She actually cut a few days before she was taken..." I blurted out suddenly. Olivia and Elizabeth only glanced at me sadly.

"We could tell..." They both said at the same time.

"I was going to ask her to marry me today." It was their turn to gasp. "Yeah... I had the whole day planned too. We were going to spend the entire day together, ending it by having a picnic in the green house near midnight. When the Midnight flower bloomed I was going to ask her." I felt my own tears spill over as I pulled the velvet box from my pocket slowly. Olivia put her hand on my shoulder and looked deeper into my eyes.

"We will find her, and as soon as we do you are going to ask that girl to marry you!" She said that semi-enthusiastically and smiled at me. She wiped away my tears. I cried there in my little sisters arms until I fell asleep from pure exhaustion.