Chapter Sixteen

Jace's POV

I saw that my son was looking very lost in thought this morning, must have had something to do with last night. During our father son training session, he wasn't able to focus. I thought it was time to find out what happened just so I could bug him about it for the rest of the week.

"You. Me. Talk. Now." I said to him and he slowly walked over stilling not paying attention. He ended up tripping over something and face planting onto a mat. Nothing was damaged on his face but he seemed very pissed. He ignored the fact that I was laughing my ass off and sat down across from me on the tall mat. When I finally calmed down, I asked him a simply question.

"What happened last night that has got you more of a dumbass than usual?" He looked at me and then his cheeks turned bright red.

"Nothing...." He mumbled. I smirked at my son, I knew what happened then.

"You kissed her didn't you!?" I said gasping and pointing finger at him. He opened his mouth to tell me he didn't but he closed it and slowly nodded and blushed more. I jumped off the mat and started to fangirl like the idiot I was. 

"Did she look cute!? Was it perfect like your mother and I's first kiss!?" I yelled at him while still fangirling. He hesitated for a moment, as if he was thinking of the right words to say, but then he spoke.

"It was amazing... She was beautiful... I can't... I can't describe it..." He was out of breath still, she must have looked better than beautiful then. I slapped my son on the back hard and he was snapped back to reality again.

"I'm proud of you son, hopefully you wowed her enough to do it again." He got nervous but he seemed to concentrate more during training after our little talk. I amaze myself, I should have really been a life coach rather than a Shadowhunter. 

Ana's POV

Walking. Walking. Walking. Thats all we did. My feet were beginning to hurt to I sat down on a nearby bench and she followed me over. I looked at the big city that I have lived in for about a year now. I still haven't seen most of it, like this part of it for example, but I was determined to see it all. 

"Did we have to come all the way down here to go shopping. There were perfectly good ones we could have gone in back there." I said to her, exhaustion showing in my tone.

"It's not much further, and besides. All those other shops were boring, the ones I'm taking you to are full of color and they are worth wearing. Unlike the ones you have on now." I liked these clothes. They made me feel unimportant. I felt happy being unnoticed, uncared about. No one saw me and I was happy with that. "Why would you want to be unnoticed, Ana. You are so beautiful." When she said this I realized I said my thoughts out loud. I just stood up and waved a hand at her, throwing my hood on over my face again.

"Let's just go so I can get back to my room at the institute." I could sense her saddened expression, but I chose to ignore this. She walked ahead of me leading the way to all the fancy shops she wanted us to go to. 

Few minutes more of walking later, we finally made it to a gigantic mall. Now I see why she wanted to walk to far. The first little shop we came across she forced me into. She picked out skirts, bright pink and green long sleeve shirts, and dresses for me to try on. I made her happy by modeling them for her and pretending I was happy like I did every other day. I really didn't feel happy in the clothes she put me in... I just wanted to be unseen... 

She saw how unhappy I was looking and then took me to a place for people who liked all black and dark colors to shop. This made me smile. I loved going into places like this because I barely did it ever. I liked looking at all the black clothing choices, they made me feel happy. After buying a few things there she took me into Victoria's Secret a place were women could buy underwear and other things.

She kept on holding up bra's that were lacy and blue or small and white. She only held up the sexy kinds of things for me but I really just wanted something plain. I ended up giving in to her begging me to have her buy me the lacy black bra, and a pair of matching black underwear. I don't want to go into detail for the underwear, to gross. 

We were about to leave when I caught sight of a shop I wanted to go into for years... it was a place where you could buy swimsuits... I haven't ever gone swimming in my life... Growing up with only a father had its downsides. We never ever missed training sessions, we never ever did any unneeded things, and we never ever were late. Those were the rules of my household. 

Isabelle saw that I was looking at it and walking over to it. I hesitated for a second, regretting that I had stopped to even look at it, but then I followed her. I wanted something that would cover up my arms... to hide my cuts... I wanted a thing called a swimming shirt, one with long sleeves. I something I wanted, it was a bright blue two piece but it was kind of my style. It was only missing the long sleeved swimming shirt. I searched desperately for one but there weren't any. I looked back at the swim suit and Isabelle caught were I was staring. 

She grabbed it and payed for it in like five minutes. I started to panic, but then I calmed myself down when I noticed that we were still Shadowhunters. We didn't have time for this kind of stuff, right? "Since we bought you this new swimsuit, I'm taking everyone swimming when we get home. Sound like fun." I was wrong! 

"Yeah, yeah... sound great..." I said nervously. I began to panic again, wishing that something would happen to me so that I wouldn't have to go. But nothing happened, we made it back safe and sound. Mr. Lewis was there waiting for Izzy to return and as usual no one wanted to see me. I ran up to my bedroom with all of the bags I was carrying (Which happened to be every single one) and began unpacking them. I felt hot tears fall down my cheeks as I thought about how if my father were here he would be waiting for me to return, he would notice me and he would care about me. 

But I know that will never ever happen again, because my father was dead, and so was my mother. I was alone in this world. No one cared about me, not at all. I thought about all this and grabbed my knife again. I took off my jacket covering my scars and began making some more, but this time I went down my legs as well. I didn't care that we were going swimming in a little bit, I needed to be punished again.