Chapter Twenty-nine

Damian's POV

"I'm throwing a party!" I yelled across the dinner table. Brandon and Celestia started dancing around joyfully, Lyra began chatting with Magnus happily, Mike just looked unamused, and Anastasia sat there wide-eyed. "Anastasia, dear, whats the matter?" 

"Nothing, uncle, its just that I have never been to a party..." She began tugging at her hair.

"Oh nothing to worry about, its a celebration for finding you! I want a specific theme though... maybe... that 19th century look... What do you think?" Magnus jumped up and yelled.

"I got dibs on decoration!" I saw Anastasia giggle and relax a bit. Magnus ran out of the room, probably wanted to look at some fabric samples or something knowing him. 

"How bout this? I'll even invite your friends back in New York! Does that sound fun?" She instantly perked up, her beautiful smile plastering across her face. "That's my niece!" She laughed, just like her father... 

"Tomorrow night it is then!" With that I left the room and sent out fire messages to all of my close friends and relatives.

Ana's POV

A party?! No no no no! I can't, I can't go to a party! I needed to hit something! I ran towards the training room that I found earlier and began punching the walls and the dummies. My arm eventually ended up going through a wall and I cursed at it. I didn't own a Stele so I just sat on the floor and hugged it to my chest. I know I was making to big a deal about this but the last time I went to a party was when my father threw one...

It was the same theme... I wore a tiny yellow dress that was very tight around the waist. It was for my sixth birthday, after I turned six I didn't feel like I needed anymore parties. As a child I didn't have any friends. I wanted to stop trying to make them after that, and my father obeyed my wished and stopped all the parties. All I really needed was him, and now I don't know what to do...

Magnus came running in, "Jesus girl! I'm trying to work here." I looked away from him, hiding my pain tears. I was still hugging my broken hand to my chest very lightly, it hurt like hell but I never scream out in pain with only a simple broken bone. 

"Sorry..." I muttered. I saw him scowl and walk closer to me, He stomped over in front of me and lifted my bad arm up so that I would stand. I winced and he drew back quickly. I hugged my hand back to my chest and turned around to look out the window. 

"Anastasia, what have you done to your hand?" I didn't answer, I only pointed to the hole that I had made in the wall a few minutes prior to this moment. I felt his eyes fall on me again, so I turned and showed him my hand. The bones of my four fingers were sticking out of the skin, and blood was pooling down onto the floor. I could have sworn Magnus almost puked at the sight of it.

"You need to learn not to punish yourself like this, even if you do something bad." He said just as blue flames sprouted from his tiger tips. I felt the tingling feeling of his magic slowly healing my hand. I closed my eyes for the rest, I didn't want to watch it heal. When I opened them again, my hand was back to normal. I hugged it again.

"It was out of stress." I said finally after our moment of silence. 

"Why are you stressed?" 

"I haven't been to a party since I was six years old..." He gasped, covered his mouth, and scowled at me again. 

"No!" I nodded, and he smiled softly.

"That is nothing to be stressed about, a party is a party. It is for meeting new people and socializing." 

"I know that but, do I have to wear a dress?" He looked me in the eyes and said,

"Of course you do! Now, I'm going to take you shopping for a nice big puffy dress for your party tomorrow. I know a seamstress that lives here in town." He smiled wide and I groaned and fell over.