Chapter Four

Jace's POV

Suddenly the pipes bursted and Alec was being drowned in a circle of water. "Ana! Ana stop!" I yelled at her but it seemed like she couldn't hear me at all over the sound of her killing my Parabatai.  I could feel Alec's life slowly falling away until he was let go. He fell to the floor with a loud thud, he began to cough and choke. Ana's eyes returned to their natural deep blue and she looked horrified with herself. She looked at her hands and then to Alec, who was looking at her with a complete look of terror upon his face. 

"I-I'm so sorry Alec, I-" She wouldn't finish because she ran out of the room and away from Alec and the rest of the scared boys. Alec stood and looked at me and then his boys who ran to hug their father that kinda almost died. I hurried out of the room and down the hall after poor Ana, she didn't know what she was capable of and neither did anyone else for that matter. I made it to her room and turned the door knob but it wouldn't move. Locked, I thought to myself. "Ana! Open up! It wasn't your fault!" 

"Yes it was! I almost killed him without even knowing what I was doing!" She countered back, damn this is going to be hard. 

"But Ana, Alec is perfectly fine now! You can come out no-" 

"NO! I'm a monster! and monsters deserve to be locked away! Now please... leave me alone Jace." I walked away, feeling like I failed her. I went to check on my stupid Parabatai and then maybe slap him. I found him walking down the main hallway and called him out.

"Alec you idiot!" Just kidding I did the slapping first, LOL.

"What did I do? She almost killed me!" He looked outraged and hurt. 

"She's only 13, younger than almost all of the kids here. She locked herself in her room and called herself a monster! You did this Alec, you made her act this way. She is hurt and in pain. She is 13 and has no mom and her fucking father died in her arms. Jesus Alec do you have to be such a dick to every new girl that comes here?" I stormed off to see Clary and my own children but I turned to say one more thing. He looked at me, probably hoping for some sympathy. "And I suggest you apologize to her and tell her that what happened back there was your own fault, not hers!" I stormed off infuriated.

Jason's POV

"Yeah dude, she almost killed my dad." Jackson said to me. He had just got done telling the story of how Anastasia, the most beautiful and badass girl that I have ever seen, had somehow gotten magical water powers and then she started suffocating him. Somehow... I believed that this wasn't her fault unless she knew that she could do this. 

"Jackson, I can hardly believe that this is even her fault. Maybe she didn't even know that she could do this, and your dad was kinda picking on her." I was right of course, because he was picking on her right when he saw her pretty...spectacular... badass... face... I mean um her face... yeah. 

"I agree, It really isn't her fault Jack. She seemed normal when she arrived and then dad ticked her off so that must have triggered something." Aiden said agreeing with my statement. Good, someone is on my side. 

"Yeah... I guess you guys are right." Jackson agreed with the both of us. The door opened to the training room and a small red-headed figure walked in, her gold eyes blazing with curiosity. 

"Ooooo, what you guys talking about? Wait wait! Let me guess, you are discussing about how Ana almost killed Uncle Alec?" She said with a sly smile. We all looked at each other and at the same time said 'yup!'. "Yes! I knew it, and by the looks on your faces you think it was his fault not hers." We all nodded, not at all surprised. Olivia was kind of a mind reader in our opinion. "Well I agree with you all. He shouldn't have teased her like that." She frowned and crossed her arms.

"I personally really like Ana, I'm glad she's here to add one more girl to the group of us kids in the institute." She said looking up at the ceiling. We all looked at each other again and nodded. Talking about her got me thinking, where is she anyway? "If you're wondering where she is, she's in her room. She locked herself away and said that 'Monsters need to be locked away.' I actually think she did it on accident. The whole almost killing Uncle Alec thing" Olivia said again looking at me again. 

"Well, I'm going to go check on her." I said out of nowhere. "I'll train with you guys later." I threw my dagger into the center of the target and ran out of the training room. 

I ran down the hallway where her room was located until I reached the door. I was about to knock and turn the handle, but then I hesitated. I thought, what if she hates me? What if she doesn't want to talk to you? What if she- Oh shut up Jason and just knock!

I knocked very quietly on the door and tried to turn the knob softly but it was locked. A voice spoke in a very harsh tone. "Go away Alec! I don't want to hurt you again!" Her voice was shaky. 

"It's not Alec, and it really wasn't your fault what happened. It's his. My sister told me that you said you were a monster, but you aren't Ana. I believe that it was my uncle Alec that did this." She made no sound for a few seconds and then spoke once more.

"Who are you? I don't know you're voice." I remembered that I only just met her at dinner and I never did actually introduce myself. 

"Its Jason Noah Herondale. I'm one of Jace's kids." I said smiling to myself hoping she would let me in because it seemed that my father cared quite a bit for this girl. I heard the door's lock make a faint click noise, indicating that the door had been unlocked. I opened the door and found Ana standing there. Tears were streaming down that beautiful face, and her blue eyes were the color of sadness and pain. 

"I let you in. Now what do you want, Herondale." The way she said my last name stung, but that got me thinking. Why exactly was I here? I don't know why I decided to check on her, or even come and see her at all. But my mouth formed an answer without me knowing what it would say. 

"Well, when my sister told me what you said about yourself I thought I would come here and prove you wrong, and I also wanted to come and check on you. To see if you were ok." I smiled at her, and she actually smiled back. 

"Well... thanks I guess... You and your father, Jace, seem to be the only ones who care whats going on with me." She looked away and began to wipe away her tears. 

"Well, I do care. When I heard about what happened I blamed my uncle right away." She smiled wider now when she looked at me again. She sat down on her bed and looked at the floor, her smiled disappeared from her face and was replaced with quiet sobs. I had no idea what to do except sit next to her a rub her back. "Whats the matter?" I said it my baby kind of tone.

 She looked up at me once more and replied to my question, "I still think I'm a monster... I almost killed him Jason, I could have killed one of my own kind." Tears were slipping more and more quickly down her face. I moved my hand up to her cheek to wipe them away.

"But you didn't. My uncle is perfectly fine now, and you are no monster. All I see in front of me is a smart beautiful girl that should never have been teased like that by him. It's all his fault Ana." I was satisfied with my words until I realized that I called her beautiful. Shit! 

"I'm not a monster? But I-" 

"No, Ana, you aren't a monster at all." She didn't notice what I said before I called her smart, thank god. She was looking away until she looked up when I interrupted her. Our faces were inches apart now, I know we kinda just met but I began to stupidly lean in and so did she. We heard the sound of the door creak open revealing a very tall blond figure standing there. We sprang apart onto opposite sides of the bed and saw who the figure was. He was smiling very slyly and his eyes were moving from me to her, back and forth.

Dang it dad!