Chapter Eighteen

Jace's POV

I was located in a meadow, dressed in nice handsome clothing. The sky was as blue as Ana's eyes were today, and the grass was the greenest I had ever seen. I looked over to my right and saw Ana sitting there hugging her knees to her chest, she had been waiting for something. It was probably me. 

"So, you are finally up?" What did she mean by that? Had I been sleeping for a while in this beautiful place? "Yes you were asleep in this hell hole for about a half hour. I was waiting for you to wake up so we could continue on." She said as if she could read my mind.

"What is this place? It's so beautiful here." I said smiling and looking over the vast landscapes. 

"Come with me, and I'll show you what lies beyond." She said gesturing me to follow her forward. I happily got up and followed her, how could this place be bad? It's beautiful here. I changed my mind after she showed me the real horrors of this disgusting place. There was fire everywhere, burnt dead bloody bodies were scattered across the ground. I thought I could handle seeing these things, but now that I see it I just can't. I almost threw up, so I looked away.

Ana was staring at the land, her face showed a very strong, powerful side to her. Something in front of us changed because her hand went in front of her mouth and she looked scared. For the first time that I've Ana looked truly scared of something. "No... No not you again!" She screamed. I turned my face to see a tall man with eyes the color of blood, hair black as burnt wood, and skin as pale as Ana's was, maybe even paler. 

"Yes, my dear, it is me again. Zion Whiteshadow has returned you to his realm, and we've brought a friend I see." He chuckled. 

"Leave him alone, Zion. You want me not him. Just because he is here doesn't mean you can hurt him! Hurt me not him! He hasn't done anything to you!" She screamed at him. 

"But that, my dear Anastasia, is what makes it more fun." He chuckled again before speaking once more, "My dear, how did he get here? Oh wait, that was me." He laughed and I glared at him, staring straight into those blood red eyes. 

"Don't you touch him." Ana said stepping in front of me protectively. I tried to step in front of her but she pushed me back somehow. "Send him back to the real world, and punish me all you want." She said in defeat and he smirked down at her. 

"As you wish, my dear." He snapped his fingers and I woke up to screaming beside me in the Institute Infirmary.

I shot up and saw that Ana was screaming her lungs out. Whatever dream I had must have been linked with her somehow, or maybe it was I that was taken into her dream. Before the whole Zion thing, she looked as if she had been there before. Maybe she was in fact there the night she almost burned to death... oh no!

No matter how much pain I felt in the process I got up out of the bed and began trying to wake up Ana the best I could. I tried to shake her awake but it was no use, she just kept screaming in pain. Whatever he was doing to her there must have had an effect on her here because her temperature sky rocketed and water bursted from the pipes. Something odd happened that never seemed to occur before the beach incident. Wind blew around the room making heavy objects fall to the floor with a crash. 

I began shaking her harder and harder but nothing was happening! She was screaming at the top of her lungs for him to stop and it made me hurt inside. I've never heard someone in this much pain. The doors flew open and Magnus came running in faster than probably anyone has seen in a long time. He pushed me away from her but I kept coming back. Soon Alec and Simon ran in a dragged me out of the room. I was kicking and screaming for them to let go but it was to late. The door was shut and locked so no one could enter.