Chapter One

**Another year later**

Jace's POV

"Clary lets go for a walk pwease!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs. We haven't had as much time to ourselves since we had our kids, and Izzy and Simon did too, and Alec and Magnus adopted as well. We have all been pretty busy. the past 14 years watching and caring for our children. They are all at least 13 to 14 years old now and can watch themselves at the institute. We need adult time to ourselves too! 

We have one son and a daughter. Our daughter, Olivia Beth Herondale, has her mothers Red curly hair and my gold eyes. She is very short and stubborn like her mother. She has my sarcasm and Clarys attitude. She is 13 years old, the youngest of the two. Our son, Jason Noah Herondale, has my blonde hair and Clary's Bright green eyes. He is tall and handsome, like me. He is very smart and rarely needs to be tutored, neither one of them do. I have such gifted children. 

She came pounding down the stairs, her fiery red curls bouncing with every step. "You want to go for a walk? Never thought I'd hear that come from your mouth." She giggled and walked off you find her boots and coat. As we strode through the pathway of central park talking and laughing amongst ourselves we heard a rustle come from the tree next to us. I tore out my dagger from my belt and thrusted Clary behind myself. The a voice from the tree spoke before I could scope it out. "You don't have to do that, I'm not a demon." Then a figure jumped down with excellent form from the top of that tree. It stood in front of us, no more that Clary's small height. It's hood was covering most of its face, all was saw was the mouth, which again formed into words. "Yes, I know what you people are. I see the runes on you." 

She can see past the glamor, must be a mundie with the sight. I thought, but then she took off her hood to reveal her face and long platinum blonde hair. She had strong cheekbones, a sly smile played across her lips and her eyes blazed the color of the blue sky. She has Alec's kind of eyes... I thought next, and I glanced at the big Angelic Rune on the crease of her neck. She's not a mundie, She's one of us. "Whats your name, Blondie?" I said to her in a rude-ish tone. 

She simply chuckled, and said "You first smartass" oh this girl knows how to play.

I replied with a sly smirk "Jace Herondale, and this is my wife Clarissa Herondale." She squeaked and said "Call my Clary please..." and stepped out from behind me. 

I smiled at her and looked back at the girl. She chuckled again "My name is Anastasia Katherine  Dragonway. Please to meet you" then she sarcastically bowed to us and giggled to herself. She had a very low voice for a girl but it was still high pitched. Her long platinum blonde hair was almost touching the ground while she was bowing. She returned to her standing position and stared at us until I realized I knew that last name, I may know the father of this Anastasia. 

"The Dragonway, as in John William Dragonway!" I yelled and she nodded. "He died three years ago, they said they found his body laying on the floor in a pool of blood at the California institute. They never found his daughter and they claimed her dead after a years worth of searching." I could see that she was holding back her tears, but I continued "How did you survive so long alone? How did you get here to New York, and how are you dealing with the death of-" Clary hit me hard on my side. "Ow! What did I say?" She pointed to the girl and I saw that she was looking down, and hiding her almost crying face. I guess I should have shut up sooner... oops...

Clary pushed me out of the way and spoke to her "Don't mind him. He's an idiot sometimes. I bet your father would be proud to see you today." Anastasia looked up at Clary and smiled. 

"I hope that he would be proud..." Clary moved a piece of hair out of the girls face. 

"I'm very sorry Anastasia. I tend to talk to much sometimes." She smiled to me. She was very pretty, for her age. She had a natural beauty that I bet any guy would totally fall for. "You must be living alone... so how would you like to come stay at the New York Institute?" She beamed and giggled. 

"Sure just let me grab some of my shit." I loved this girl already! She's a totally badass! "Oh and please. Call me Ana." 

Alec's POV

The boys and I were staying at the institute for a few days while Magnus was busy with his clients. I have two adopted sons. The elder one is Jackson Chase Bane. He is 14 years old and has Brown hair and Hazel-brown eyes. He is a shadowhunter, one of the best if I do say so myself. He is a very tall 14 year old and very handsome as well. Makes me wonder who his parents are... The younger one is Aiden Gale Bane, he is also a 14 year old. Aiden is a warlock, he is four months younger than Jackson and has Blonde hair and green-yellow eyes. He is also very tall for his age but is very smart and handsome too. I don't don't what I would do without my two boys. 

We were all in the training room when Jace and Clary came back from their walk. They weren't alone, trailing behind them was a girl who looked about 13 years old. She had the brightest platinum blonde hair you'll every see. She was short, like Clary size, and had a sly look on her face. She had her hood on, so the only thing you could see was her hair and that stupid smirk. Jace and Clary stepped aside and told the girl to tell everyone in the room her name. She took off her hood to reveal blue eyes... they were just like mine... they had the same color in them. I stood there frozen. 

"My name is Anastasia Katherine Dragonway. You may all call me Ana, and yes my father is the dead John William Dragonway." 

I looked around to the boys who looked as if they were about to drool. She was a very pretty girl. She had strong, sharp cheekbones that curved perfectly. Those eyes were very beautiful indeed, now I know what people see when they look at my eyes. I didn't notice Jace slide to my side and place his hand on my shoulder. He whispered into my ear, "She's a total badass man. Everyones going to love her!" Then he moved away. 

She cleared her throat and spoke again "Any questions" I had one

"Yeah, How are you alive?"