Chapter Forty

A/N: Now, just because this is my fortieth chapter, I will make this at least 4,000 words or more! Hope you love, love, love it!

Jackson's POV

I haven't had the courage to text Daniel yet, I'm to much of a pussy. He was just so... amazing... why would he want to talk to a guy like me? Why would he even give me his number? Why did he walk up to me in the first place? All these things were bothering me ever since we left the Dragonway manor. I paced my room for hours on end until my father called me back for dinner. Tonight was a "special" night, so we were going to go eat all together at the New York institute.

My palms became very sweaty when we entered, what if they found out? What if they notice how I am acting? Oh shut up! They won't know if you stop acting like an idiot! I sighed and sat in my usual spot next to my father, Alec, and my brother, Aiden.

My brother looks at me and noticed how worried I look, he smiles at me and Ruffles my hair. I laugh and calm myself down, I have nothing to worry about. This is my family, if they find out, then they'll be understanding. I hope they will anyway.

Jace, Clary, Isabelle, Simon, Olivia, And Elizabeth all come in together. I wonder where Anastasia and my Parabatai are, but then I remember that they are together now and that they are probably messing around somewhere. I was wrong, of course, because they came in through the door not even a thirty seconds later. They were walking side by side, hands locked together. Ana was sitting at the other end of the table next to Aiden so they had to part ways. Magnus held up his hand for a congratulatory high five from Ana, she of course didn't hesitate to slap it and laugh. "Nice one." I heard my dad whisper as she walked away. I heard her giggle as she sat down.

"Is that everyone?" Jace asks just as Maryse sits down at the other end, we all nod. Without a moment of hesitation the food is being devoured by us all, except for Anastasia who has barely touched the food handed to her by Isabelle who was located on her right. Jason gave her a concerned look from across the table, I watched her eyes panic and she started to eat more. I turned back to look at my Parabatai only to find satisfaction plastered on his face again.

I sighed and continued to eat, not even paying attention to anyone else around me. No one was really paying attention to anyone, that was until a cough caught our attention instantly. Jace was standing at the very end of the table, glass raised. "To family!" He yelled happily. Everyone raised their glass and repeated him, chugging their water, wine or whatever it was they had in their glasses. We all heard a chair creek and a small voice say "Please excuse me." Ana had run out of the dining room, tears were obviously in her eyes.

"I think Jace and I should go have a talk with her." Magnus said. Clary stopped them immediately.

"Why don't we let Elizabeth and Olivia go talk to her. You know, girl talk?" She suggested. Jace, and my dad, both nodded. Olivia and Elizabeth were out of there as soon at she suggested they leave. Apparently no one wanted to be here, especially me.

"So, Jason. I hear our ship is cannon-- I mean! You and Ana are a thing now?" Magnus says to him, he smiles and nods. Oh by the Angel this was going to be a long dinner.

Olivia's POV

Elizabeth and I ran out of the dining room after Ana, I knew why she ran out. The mention of 'family' made her depressed. She didn't want to think about that stuff, she didn't want anyone to bring 'family' up In front of her. I felt bad for her, as we ran around the institute looking for her we heard music coming from the music room for the first time in years.

I couldn't put my finger on the tune at all, she was singing beautifully. But in a different language. She played the song across the piano keys like it was nothing at all, the language she was singing came off her tongue without any trouble. She was probably a vision of perfection in this moment, and most of all the other times I see her. Elizabeth and I peaked our heads around the doorway, curious to see what she was doing here, no one comes in here.