Chapter Forty-Six

Ana's POV

News flash: I was never sleeping.

As soon as my 'mother' told Magnus to get a meeting started. I started to wake up. I fake slept when my 'mother' came over and rubbed my forehead softly again. I actually remembered when she would do this before she 'died', or actually just 'left' according to her and her story of why she left me and my father alone. What made me even more mad was he knew what was going on! He didn't care to tell me though!

My mothers soft, soothing voice began speaking as I fake slept next to her. "Oh baby, mommy is sorry for leaving you. I wish I could have stayed." Magnus's yelling could be heard throughout the institute. She paused for a moment, as if to glance at the door and back at me, then began speaking again. "I promise to spend time with you after all this is over." She kissed my forehead and left me laying there.

I was confused then, what is all this? What did she mean? Now I know. After listening to the meeting through the door with my 'super hearing' or whatever it was I learned what it was. War, dammit, it's war! Why couldn't I know? Did she think I would fuck it all up? Probably thought I would since I practically got dad killed for having these stupid powers that she passed down to me. Zion was going after me, but dad got in the way. Dad knew what I was before even I did. He was 'protecting me' and got killed! It's all my fault!

I ran back to infirmary and cried, cried like I did when I woke up from my 'coma'. "This is all my fault." Is all I would say, over and over until I had no will to speak any longer. I choked on my tears, and when there were no tears, I simply cried out in pain. The pain of heartbreak and realization overwhelmed me, I could take it. I muffled my cries into a pillow until I finally fell asleep.

I found myself on a tropical island. The warm sun was shining on my skin, The cool breeze blowing through my hair. I was in paradise, or at least my own paradise. Jason stood on the other side of the beach, his hand was held out in my direction. "Anastasia, come here my darling." He would say over and over again.

I began running towards him, tripping over my feet now and then. The more I ran the farther he seemed, it was as if he was moving away from me some how. Even when I could catch up to him, I couldn't grab onto his hand. He began falling into a deep, dark hole that seemed to have no end. I called out his name several times but no sound came out. I couldn't move my feet after he fell, so I was forced to watch as Jason fell deep down into the Abyss of nothingness.

"Jason!" I screamed jerking upwards. The figure next to me grabbed my hands and began pushing the hair out of my face.

"What is it? I'm here." I started crying and he pulled me into a hug. "It's okay, Ana. I'm here." I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight.

"I thought I had lost you..." I whispered. He kissed the top of my head and started rocking back and forth.

"Shh... It's okay baby. I'm here, I will never leave you." Jason's real voice made me feel so relieved. That dream felt too real. The image and thought of losing him made me feel empty inside. "I thought I had lost you Ana. You've been out for a week." I jerked back and stared at him, eyes wide. A week? Are you fucking kidding me?

"I promise I won't leave if you promise you won't." I said smirking at him. He smiled and leaned closer to me.

"I promise." Was all he said before his lips were on mine. I hadn't tasted his lips in a month, I hadn't touched or seen him in a month. I was basically consuming him right now, he seemed to like it. He pushed me over so that he was laying on top. I laughed a little and he continued kissing me sweetly like he always did.

No kiss felt the same between us. There was always something new every time. He was so sweet and gentle with me, and that's what made me love him. He stuck with me for five years, and soon it would be six. I kissed him with all the passion I had held in when I couldn't see him. I let the previous dream disappear from my memory.

He pulled away and propped up his head with his hands. He stared me down, as if he was soaking up my appearance. His bright green eyes were so full of wonder. I couldn't help but smile at him a little.

"You are so beautiful, you know?" Even after all these years I still blushed when he said that. "You were my first girlfriend, you know?" My eyes grew very wide.

"Wait so you are a Virgin?" I asked while raising an eyebrow at him. His face turned red and he looked down. He slowly nodded and looked at me. "Don't worry. Remember I am too." Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking, what the hell? It's been five years and you haven't had sex with him yet? The answer is, no. I wanted to wait until I was married to do that. He understood and refrained from letting our make outs get to heated.

I watched as Jason smiled and nuzzled his face in the crease of my neck. He took a deep breath and let out a large sigh. "Even after all you went through, you still smell so good." I blushed again and smiled at the ceiling. "I love you, Anastasia." He whispered. I kissed the side of his face and mumbled.

"I love you too." We stayed like that until we both fell asleep again. This is something I'd like to do every day with him because I knew that he was the one. He was the one I wanted to stay by until I died.

***************************************************
A/N: kind of a sappy ending but I thought it was cute-ish. Anyways in the words of the me from before "hope you guys like this chapter!"

~Ellie
(No heart. Don't really know if I'm doing that anymore...)