5 - I'm Sorry

+Dahlias POV+

We spent an hour looking for Maya before Luke texted Calum saying he had found her and was taking her home.

"Let's take the bus back to your house," Calum says.

"I um, I don't think she's going to want to see me today."

"It's okay. You can sleep at my place. We can have a sleepover like when we were kids!"

"Yeah?" I give him a questioning look.

"Yeah. Everyone messes up sometimes Dali. Just give her time."

"I don't know..."

Calum throws and arm over my shoulder. "Come on, Dali. We're going home."

"Okay."

The bus ride home is long and silent. I can feel Calum staring at me the whole time.  Finally he breaks the silence.

"You're sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine Calum."

"I don't think you are."

"Well I am."

"Okay! fine."

The bus finally stops about a block from Calum's house. We get off and walk the rest of the way there.

"You look sad," Calum comments.

"I am sad."

"You said you were fine."

"I lied."

"It's okay to be upset. Your best friend is mad at you, you have the right to be sad."

"Do I? I mean, I'm the one who made her so upset at me. At us."

Calum stares at me, not knowing what to say. "Com'ere," he pulls me into a hug. "She's gonna forgive you Dali."

"Did you see her face?" I ask, tears welling in my eyes. "What if she doesn't forgive me?"

"She loves you," he says. "You're all each other have."

"I have you."

"Yeah," he smiles. "You do."

"Okay here we are!" He says once arriving at the front door.

"Uh, Calum?" I say slowly.

"What?" He opens the front door.

"All I have is the stuff in my backpack."

"And?"

"No change of clothes..."

"You can have a tee shirt of mine when you go to bed."

"Oh Maya would freak out hearing that," I laugh. But then I remember. "Oh."

"Stop thinking about it. Let's go play Mario Kart."

"Mario Kart?"

"If this is going to be a proper sleepover then yes we have to play old video games. And watch Disney movies. With popcorn."

"Okay," I laugh.

After a few hours of playing our favourite video games, Calum decides to put on a Disney movie.

"Which one?" He points to the massive collection.

"Um, Lady and the Tramp?"

"The one with the romantic meatballs!" He says happily.

"Sure..." I mentally prepare myself to watch the movie. I haven't been able to  watch it in over two years.

Halfway through the movie I feel a tear sliding down my cheek.