40 - Broken Promises

-Maya's POV-

It's been a few days since laser tag. We've basically just been rehearsing, and the guys have been helping us.

Luke came over after school, "How are you?" He puts his hands on my waist and kisses my forehead.

"I'm good, you?" I go on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

He smiles, "I'm great."

He only has two days left with us... So do the rest of the guys. They're all leaving me...

He brushes my hair out of my face, "Please try to be happy."

"What are you talking about? I am happy..." I fake a smile.

He pushes me against the wall, slouching forward, kissing me, "Please Maya?"

I play with his hair and stare into his blue eyes, "I'm trying. I really am. Okay?"

He sighs, "Okay."

I stand on my tiptoes so I can kiss him. Almost as soon as we kiss, there's a knock on the door.

I pull away, going to answer the door. I open the door, "Hello-"

"Hey, Maya!" He pulls me into a hug.

"Uncle Tyler? I thought you were coming at supper?"

"Finished up a bit earlier and wanted to come as soon as possible. How're you?"

"I'm okay," I look back at Luke, "Luke is over."

"Ah. Where is Dahlia?"

We walk into the main area of the house, "She's upstairs I think."

"Okay, I'll go up and surprise her later I guess," He nods at Luke, "Luke. Nice to see you again."

Luke smiles, though I know he's nervous, "You too, sir." He holds out his hand for my Uncle to shake.

He shakes it, "How's the band?"

"It's great. We've been writing our first album and we leave for tour in two days."

"That's impressive! Dahlia and Maya used to sing sometimes too, they were so cute! Would put on little performances for the family..."

I slightly blush, "Uncle!"

"Have some home videos of them," he grins, "I should show you sometime."

"No, please no." I shake my head and hide my face.

Luke smiles at me, "That would be great."

"Once Maya made Dahlia dress up like a dog with her and they sung 'Who let the dogs out'! Well, the little part of the song that they actually knew that is!" He laughs.

"Oh my gosh! Please stop!" My face starts to feel hotter.

"Oh, fine," he smiles, "I'll embarrass you more later."

"Please don't."

Luke laughs, "Who let the dogs out?"

I glare at him, making my uncle laugh.

Suddenly, we hear a bunch of laughing from upstairs.

Oh no.

I forgot Calum was here.

We then hear a few footsteps and a scream. Then Calum appears with Dahlia on his shoulders and India in her arms.

I move over to Luke and grab his hand, squeezing it.