56 - Breakdown

Maya's POV

We ended up going home after the interview. "Luke," I tap his shoulder.

He smiles down at me, "Yeah?"

"Two things. One, how did you grow that much in one freaking month and two, your lip ring is really hot by the way."

"Just like you," he moves closer, tugging at his lip ring with his teeth.

"No, no. That is MUCH hotter." I feel my cheek go slightly hot.

He winks at me.

My cheeks are definitely red at this point. I cover them with my hands, "Stop!"

He leans into me and whispers into my ear, "Why should I?"

My heart starts beating faster, "Because you're making me blush."

"Fine," he turns around with a smirk and walks away.

"Gosh I hate you," I run up to him and kiss him.

"Mm then why are you kissing me?"

"Because your hotness is murdering me."

"Well you should stop if that's the case."

I kiss him again before I reply, "Why is that?"

He laughs, "You literally just said it will murder you."

I smile, "I'm alright with that."

"I missed you," he presses his lips against mine.

And suddenly I start to think of what I'm supposed to tell him. He needs to know. I think he notices because he stopped kissing me. Looking into my eyes he says, "What's wrong."

I give him a small smile, "Nothing."

"Come on, I know something's wrong. I can tell."

"Well..." I look into his deep blue eyes, "There's a thing I need to tell you. But I don't know how."

"What is it?"

I bite my lip and take him over to the couch, "Promise you won't get mad?"

His eyes widen, "Maya, Maya you didn't. Did-"

"Didn't what?"

"Did you cheat on me?" He looks terrified for the answer.

My eyes widen, matching his. "No! No! I didn't cheat!"

"Okay." He lets out a breath, his body visibly deflating. "Thank you."

I run my hand through his hair before grabbing his hand, "I wouldn't do that."

He nods.

I decide I'm just gonna say it. I have to. "Luke, I was diagnosed with severe depression. They put me on medication."

He quickly pulls away. "No Maya." He shakes his head. "No they didn't. No you're not."

I grab his hand again, "I'm sorry."

He snatches it away and looks at me like I'm a stranger. "This isn't funny Maya. You're happy. You are HAPPY."

I frown, "I know, I know. I'm completely serious."

"I- No... no that's not right. I have to go..."

"No, Luke I can show you the diagnostic paper." I want him to believe me.

"NO I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR FREAKING PAPER!" Luke storms out.

After he slams the door I run upstairs and sit on my bed. A few tears stream down my face. This is why I shouldn't have told him! Now he hates me and I'm alone.