43 - He Talks?

+Maya's POV+

Uncle Tyler came to pick us up at the airport. He said we had to go to school because we already missed too much.

I arrive at school. I'm not wearing any makeup and my hair is in a bun.  But I don't care right now. My boyfriend left and I won't see him for three months, without him saying that he loved me back.

I sit down in my chair with a dead look on my face. My eyes tear up.

"Are you okay?" Aaron, the kid who never speaks, asked me.

I look at him in his green eyes and shake my head.

He pulls his chair closer, "What happened?" He has a thick Canadian accent.

"M-my boyfriend left today. I won't see him for three months. He didn't even say 'I love you' back. I don't know what I did."

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry," he gives me a sad look, "Is there anything I can do?"

I play with my thumbs, "I don't know. All I know is that I'm not fine. I'm really not fine at all. I wish this was all just a dream."

"How about a hug? I know it's not a lot..."

"To be honest, anything would be enough for me right now..."

"Come here," he pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you," I look at him, "Why are you so nice? You don't even know me..."

"I do know you sorta. You're kinda popular. "

"I... I am?"

"Yeah, of course. Everyone knows you and your friends."

"They do..?"

"Uh huh."

"Since when?" I continue to speak with an emotionless voice. 

"Since like, year eleven? I don't know."

"That is so... Weird."

He laughs.

"Sorry if I'm not... Being... Very... I don't know. Happy?"

"Hey, you have the right to be sad."

Luke would say that...

"I uh... I guess..."

"No. You do. It's okay."

"I just miss him," a tear falls down my face, "I'm crazy. It's only been a few hours and I'm already crying." I wipe my tear and sniff.

"Aww, Maya," he looks at me helplessly, "You're going to be okay. Class is almost over, how about we go to the park to eat lunch, and you can talk about it. That helps sometimes."

That's something Luke would do for me...

I nod at Aaron.

******

"Where's your lunch?" Aaron asks me when we're at the park.

"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat something. I don't you want to end up..." His voice trails off, "At least have half of my sandwich. Please."

He hands me half of the sandwich. I guess I do have to eat.

I take a bite of it and he watches me with a concerned look on his face.

After I finish the half he gave me, he says, "Now, I think I have an idea that might make it not seem as long that he's away."

I look at my hands, "What is it?"