17 - You're Not?

*Maya's POV*

"Lia!" I yell as I run into our room. "I'm so glad you're okay," I give her a hug.

"Thanks," she smiles. "I missed you."

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry for making you run away," I sadly look into her eyes.

"You didn't do anything," she says. "Wasn't your fault. I was being dumb."

"No you weren't. It's my fault you ran away. If I just came back to the room..."

"No Maya. You didn't make me leave. You didn't do anything wrong."

I look down to my hands, "I shouldn't have yelled at you, I was just stressed out over everything that was happening. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. You yelling wasn't what made me as upset as I was," She pauses. "As I am. Was. I don't know."

"What did then? Do you want to talk about it?" I look up again, concerned.

"Not right now," She sighs. "But hey, I didn't even get to ask you if you told Luke...?"

I smile and blush, "well... Uh."

"Well?" She grins.

"I uh," I bite my lip, "I told him."

"What did he say?!" She drags out the 'say'.

"Oh nothing..." I smile.

"I almost died Maya. I deserve to know," She says trying to make me feel bad.

"Okay fine. He just said that um," I look at my hands, "that he loved me too."

"Oh. My. Gosh!"

"And we uh..." I say remembering the time.

"Did you kiss him? Finally?"

"We- we kissed." I smile remembering the moment. It was the best day of my life, until... You know.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! About time!"

My face falls a bit and I stop smiling, "except..."

"Oh no, what?"

"We decided we aren't going to date."

"Why would you do that!" She whines.

"We will! Eventually. After the London tour. He needs to focus."

"Okay, good."

"I just love him so much Dahlia."

"I know you do," She smiles.

"He just," I smile, "he makes me feel happy. Like I'm special. You know?"

"I know. I loved that feeling," she blurts out.

"Wait what?" I say, trying to comprehend what she just said. Has she been in love before?

"Nothing, I don't know why I said that," She says looking confused.

"No. No, you don't just say that." I put emphasis on the 'just', "you feel it. I had no idea what love felt like before I met Luke."

"It's not love love.."

"There's only one kind of love Lia..."

"I love you, that's different than the love you have for Luke."

"I love you guys the same. I just want to kiss Luke. I don't want to kiss you. It would kill me to see either one of you leave me."

"Can we talk about you two again? Or something?"