fifty-two

Tobias and I sit on the couch with his head in my lap. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is playing on the tv.

"Do you know what makes me mad about ABC Family and their Harry Potter marathons?" I ask Tobias.

"Um, they never play the fourth one?" He says.

"Exactly! They never play the fourth one!"

"I know you too well."

"You do." I look at the time on the cable box. 5:14. "Hey, if we're gonna go out at 7, then I need to go get ready."
Y
"Why does it take girls so long to get ready?"

"Cause."

"I don't wanna get up."

"You have to. I gotta go take a shower, and then I need to get ready for our date."

He hesitantly gets up and walks to the door with me.

"I'll see you in a couple hours," I assure him. I kiss him before he opens the door.

"Mmkay." He walks out.

I close the door behind him and then run up the stairs to my bathroom to take a shower.

After my shower, I wrap a towel around me and walk to my closet. I put on a strapless red mini dress, a black jacket, and strappy black heels. I blow dry my hair and then curl it. I put on eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and red lipstick.  I put on a flower ring, a ring with engraved hearts, a bracelet that says 'Happily Ever After,' a red stretchy bracelet, and diamond studs.

By now it's almost 7, so I grab my black cross body purse and put my phone and a couple bucks in it.

I walk down the stairs right when the doorbell rings. I answer it, and Tobias stands on there.

"Hey baby," I say and kiss him.

"Hey, babe. You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look really handsome."

"Thank you."

"We should go. Bye Mom, bye Dad!"

"Bye honey! Be back by 11, it's a school night!"

"Ok!"

I step outside, closing the door behind me.

"Where are we going?" I ask while getting into Tobias's truck.

"Our place," he says while starting the car. "I know that you haven't really wanted to be in public since that interview came out last week, so we're going to have a picnic in the bed of the truck while watching a movie."

"What movie?"

"Wow, you are one big ball of questions today, aren't you?"

"Yep. But seriously, what movie?"

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."

"Really?!"

"Mhm."

"Yass!"

"You're so weird."

"That's why you love me though."

"Yup." He grabs my hand.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too," he says, looking over at me for a second.

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!" I scream.

"Do you not trust me?" he asks with a fake hurt expression and his hand over his heart.

"Of course I do baby, it's just a habit. I do it to everybody. Especially my brother and parents."

"Understandable," he says and we laugh.

Time Lapse

Tobias and I sit in the back of his truck, watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on the that's being projected onto a bed sheet.

I grab a chocolate covered strawberry and take a huge bite of it.

"Mm," I say. Tobias looks down at me. He lifts his hand and wipes off my upper lip with his thumb.

"I love you," he whispers, as he brushes my hair behind my ear with his finger.

"I love you too."

He puts his finger under my chin and I reach up to kiss him.

There's always that split second of anticipation, when your waiting for him to kiss you, then you kiss the love of your life, and all the fireworks go off. I only get that with Tobias. He's the only one that makes the sparks fly when we kiss.

We finish the movie around 10.

"Tris?"

"Hm?" I say, lifting my head from Tobias's shoulder.

"I want you to have this." He hands me small red box.

I open the box, and the inside holds a simple silver ring. "A 'knot' ring. The ring symbolizes a knot that is not quite tied yet, but has all intentions of being tied. A promise ring," I read aloud. Tobias takes the ring out of the box and puts it on my right ring finger.

"This shows that no matter what, I'll always be by your side. I can't promise that I'll love you forever, because I won't live forever, but I'll love you for the rest of my life. Nothing and no one will get in the way of that. This ring is a promise that someday I'll get the courage to propose."

By now tears of happiness were gently running down my cheeks. "Tobias, what did I do to deserve a great guy like you?"

"What did I do to deserve an amazing girl like you?"

"I love you so much, it hurts," I say while wiping the tears away.

"I love you so much more." He leans down and kisses me.

"No way, I love you more."

"Not a chance, honey." I laugh and playfully smack his arm. "Ow," he pouts.

"You're fine."

"Aw I was hoping you'd kiss my boo boo."

I sigh and grab him arm. I gently plant a kiss where I smacked him and set his arm back down. "There, all better."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, baby," I say before I kiss him.

After a bit we decide that it's probably time to go back.

Tobias helps me off the truck, I can usually do it myself, but I'm wearing like 3" heels, so I need help.

"You really have to tell my when we're coming here so I won't wear heels," I say while getting into the passenger seat.

"Yeah, I probably should." He starts the car and drives me home.

❁❁
A/N:
❁❁
Ahhhhh!!!! School starts tomorrow!!!! Where has the summer gone?!?!😭😭😭 I'm kinda excited, but still.😭😭😭
When I was little, I thought that everybody in the entire world started school on the same day.😂 My oldest brother started college on August 20th or something, and my other brother starts the day after me.
When did you guys start school? Or when are you going to start?
Sorry it took so long.
Love ya😘
-αииα🌻☀️😁