Caught in the Act

Dedicated to TPadolina my very own cousin who's very supportive with my awesome friends XOXO

Chapter 10

I came to school earlier than usual. I got here way before my early bird classmates. I placed my bag on my arm chair and got my phone. I scanned through my playlist and put my earphones on.

The story starts laying in the dark with someone new. I'm feeling tired from all the time I spent on you...

My favorite song started as I felt my phone vibrating. I opened my phone and saw Rose's message. "Em, someone took half of my files" My eyes turned into huge saucers as I quickly typed my reply. "what do you mean took?" I pressed sent as I heard footsteps from the corridor. Oishite yo Oishite samo sikuiyo... My phone rang, don't judge. It was Rose. I accepted the call and her voice came in after tbe short static. "I don't know but I literally mean took. I mean steal it! Someone came and barged into my room and grab half of the files we attained. The thief knows what we had. I don't know what to do." I was about to reply when I heard trashing. My ears perked up as I placed my earphones inside my bag and tiptoed towards the trashing. "Em are you there?!" I heard Rose calling. I placed my phone a few centimeters away from my ears and replied. "Hush now, I need to go. I'm in school." What?! You're too early-" she started when I ended the call. I closed the door and followed the sound when I was lead close to the dumpster. I was about to walk away when I heard sniffs and crying. My heart moved into my throat. I hid behind the nearest post and made a small gag to help me stop whimpering.

"Don't worry, if you follow us you will bring great joy to our government" a husky voice said sending shivers into my spine. A small whimper answered the guy. "what?! A science class student with a possible IQ of 98.90 can't reply to a simple question?!" My head hurt when I heard banging from the dumpsters. "We don't want to do anything for the government yet!" a small petite voice answered the guy. Familiarity washed all over me. I know that voice! You know that voice! My subconscious stated. Hush! I know so shut up! I scolded myself.

"This is just a once in a lifetime secret government activity. If you'll join, money and a lifetime of supply for your family. They will be our first priority." his husky voice turned into a soft and tempting one that you would say yes right away. Don't be distracted you fool! I mentally screamed. After a while I heard another set of banging when her voice came up.

"Alright, alright please just stop. I promise I will cooperate. Leave my family alone. Please" she said. An evil cackle of laughter replied when he said. "Don't worry, I will keep your family safe. But don't even think about seeing them." she replied with a whimper. Everything fell silent so I peeked. Tears suddenly pooled into my eyes when I saw the familiar syringe sticking out of her. Deja vu. "there, it will help you from knowing where we're going" he carried her bridal style and entered a minivan and drove off. My heart was still beating like a drum as tears fell from my face. I rolled into a ball and cried my hearts out.

What the hell is happening?

----------
Oh crap.
-k