A Trip down Memory Lane II

Chapter 31

I ran as fast as I can and quickly made a turn towards Sham's street. Thanking the darkness for it's cover, I saw her unmistakable midnight curly hair hidden behind a flickering post. I continued staring at her like a predator staring at it's prey and saw she was the one who caused the flickering. After her sisters were shoved inside the police car, I ran towards her side. "what did you find?" she asked. "I found out that our families are robocop experiments" I said coldly. "well, that's proof. We need to find the others. We might be physically not here but I'm pretty much sure precautions are needed" she said reassuringly, but it sounds like she's reassuring herself. I nodded and did what we have to do and made to do; We ran, ran and ran and gathered our friends, and ironically we decided to meet at school.

"burned and brainwashed" they all said in unison. I glanced at my cousin as she stared into the void. I grabbed her hand and hugged her hard. Instinctively, she hugged back and cried her hearts out. I eyed my friends and they did the same. Ofcourse except for the boys who are taking turns saying soothing things to the girls.

"we can't cry forever you know" Noreen said releasing a great change of mood and aura. I can see in her eyes that she's trying really hard not to cry. She was already clutching the helm of her shirt distracting her. "she's right. We need a plan" Josephine said who's eyes say we have enough. Releasing a sigh, I look up towards the sky and saw in the corner of my eye Jay giving Noreen a pat on her back.

"only way to find out what queen bee wants" Salbino said handing Shela his handkerchief. "is to go play house to mama bear" Roland added and gave each a nod. They know what to do. They know what's gonna happen if we continue. We will meet true pain but we'll find answers. "Let's go and make sure to smile widely at the cameras" Rose said as she got her handkerchief and erased the traces of tears.

Since we started to value our lives and even though the events already happened, we still moved like cats and believe me, these guys never moved like cats. We prefer moving like drunkards and bring chaos all over. But not this time, no not this time. When we got inside the city hall, we were greeted by a deserted office.

"that's weird. This place is expected to be crowded" Sophia said as she came closer to the desks. "I don't know. Something is not right" Sharyl said louder than we expected. "Hush!" Ahn was the first to react. "it's not like they can hear us! We're just holograms or just souls. This already happened and we can't do anything to stop it. " she answered full of frustration. "No. Even though we're just here in hologram forms or ghosts, it doesn't change that we're breaking in so hush up!" it was Sophia who answered back with furrowed brows. Seriously, they can be somewhat cats and dogs sometimes. Sharyl hushed up and sat forcefully on the recliner like a kid who's mum isn't paying attention to her bla bla bla.

"-good" a voice came from the far end of the city hall. We all glance at each other and each of our eyes screamed hidden passage. Even though we can't be seen, we moved away from the upcoming people. When their footsteps were getting closer, the voice talking starts to sound oddly familiar. I gazed at everyone and saw that the boys moved closer to the voices while making a shhhhh sign. We all complied and seriously, if I would be physically be here right now my heart would leap out of my sternum. It's Dr. Heus, you know the guy who introduced us to the robocop and crap. And beside him is the familiar blonde hair, green eyes and mischievous grin. Daniel Freed!

I gave Sham a glance and the others seemed to give her one too. At first she ignored us and then mouthed "it's not him. It's Jaden Freed. Twins" we stared back at Jaden and saw the difference. Daniel has lesser freckles than Jaden and Jaden's eyes reflect mischievous doings behind someone's back... More... We all nodded telling Sham that she's right and entered the room where they came from.

When we entered the room, we expected evil machines, tubes and instruments. You get the point, we all watch movies. But actually, the place is spotless, not even a single torture instrument is around. "how can that be?! I mean we-" Sharyl started but the others had enough, they all gave her a pissed look with eyes saying shut up or else. "we need to find where they are placed" Sophia said to no one in particular. "how?" they all asked in unison. "dunno. You guys are the brains. Find it" someone replied. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I felt anger rising. "look! We're all in this situation but the best part is we're together and No One is SPECIAL! we all are" anger rose from Philip's tone. "so let's shut up" added Roselin who's brows are more intimidating than anyone else. I bit back a laugh when Roland gave me a tap on the back.

"remember from Tokyo Ghoul?" he started. I nodded and motioned him to continue. "remember the place where Kaneki decided to leave Touka?" I gasped as I got his point. "ofcourse! It's not here! It's close from here but not here. Everyone, find a map! And check the perimeter" I said happily. Roland gave me a bone crushing hug and ran towards the CCTVS.

"what are we looking for?" one of my friends asked. "a building or something that is awfully and awkwardly close to this place." Mel answered. We remained silent for a while when the quadruplets, namely Roselin, Mel, Judelyn and Noreen shouted together. "here! An awkward one" we all huddled to where they were pointing and saw a questionable rusty old warehouse that is abandoned and is under quarantine. Very suspicious.

"wow! That's very suspicious" Salbino said with a hint of sarcasm. May started laughing and quickly brought us with her. Sham gave Salbino a quick headlock and said, "totally. Now what's the plan?" "I thought we're gonna check that place?" Michelle asked. "that would be wise but there's a lot of us" Josephine added and made a what do you think gesture. "I'll go with Josephine's idea. Why don't we split up" May said. "uh huh I think that's good. Also more information can be fished out" Rose added. "not to mention a Sherlock type of adventure" Sham lastly added and off we went. 4 groups were made. One for Philip's with the members May, Josephine, Shela and Salbino. The second group is Rose's with the members, Vincent, Roselin, Mel and Judelyn. The third group is Sham's with Roland, Hannah, Ahn and Sharyl; and lastly mine with Noreen, Jay, Michelle and Sophia. With a tight nod, we all dashed to who knows where we're lead. Ofcourse except for Rose's group who's checking the warehouse.

----------
I think trip down memory lane will have a lot of parts :3
-k