Take Cover

Chapter 20

"make sure you capture all of them! Don't leave anyone! And I mean EVERYONE!" a voice resonated in the speakers found on the road.

Creeping behind the "to be created skyscrapers", I covered my breathing with my free hand and stayed as silent as ever until I heard the hard footsteps marching away from my temporary safe haven. Suddenly, making me jump; my phone vibrated, so I quickly fished my phone out of my now dusty shirt and saw the message.

Run Emily! They won't find you if you would follow my set of instructions.

Quick as a cheetah I pounded on my keyboard.

I can't trust you! You lying ingrate! Where are my friends?!

I texted back. Quickly as I sent it, he replied.

They are already following my instructions. Rose, Sham and May are already looking for you and I can't help them if they'll be captured.

My heart raced as I read the word captured. Releasing every frustration, I replied.

Show me Daniel Freed! If something goes wrong I would die haunting you.

Run now, threats later. Run towards the left side of the construction sites.

Suddenly having the energy to run and Run, I mentally found myself thanking the spoiled son of our president. Finally taking a breather, I found myself leaning near a dumpster. Great! Dumpsters are my comrades. I mentally stated when I heard the ear splitting sirens. I peeked and saw that for weeks they actually upgraded the place. More high-class hover cars and now holograms! Everywhere! And they showed our faces. Crap! I need to get out of here!

Suddenly my prayers have been answered, my phone buzzed and I fished it out quickly.

Go if the holograms start to flicker! Here's the street and hurry! My devil of a brother knows I'm up to something.

Breathing heavily, I spared a peek and saw the holograms flickered then made a run for it. This time! This time I really wish it stayed as a normal day.

------
Sorry if you're disappointed huhuhu it's just 345 words. I ain't inspired at all huhuhuhuhuhu
-k