Welcome to Alpha Point 737

Chapter 25

Running is always and never in my to do list but for the past weeks that's what saved my life so I'm thanking it now. After running a marathon towards the dining room, I saw my friends at the same spot we saw each other earlier. They were huddled together as soft whispers were heard.

"there she is!" one of them shouted as I stopped to catch my breath. Finally calming my heart and lungs, I jogged towards them and sat beside May who was busy sketching something. "I have news and it's very big. It's about our parents" gasps and silence replaced the soft whispers earlier.

"yeah? Do tell" Josephine finally spoke. With a gulp and sweaty hands I started. "I talked with one of the rescuers and found out our parents are alright. Actually since the new governing system changed, they were treated well." I stopped and stared at their facial expressions. From pained to relaxed.

Tell them. They deserve to know

"but-" I added clearing my throat between words. "they don't know we exists." and there I saw their horrified faces clearly saying what the hell?!, why?!, and Shit! My heart ached once again as I saw the mirrored emotions. "but why? Who would do such a thing?!" Sophia shouted with frustration. "This was never in my to do list" Ahn mumbled. "Same here" Sharyl added. I inhaled again as I saw Sham, Rose and May busy.

"Sham, Rose, May. What's up?" I asked and everyone grew silent. "I'm searching for help." "I'm reading Christian's research about things." "I'm sketching the whole place" they reasoned simultaneously. Seriously, these guys are just... I sighed when the dinner bell resonated. "dinner first and then we find answers" I concluded and handed trays.

My mind stayed blank as we silently ate our dinner. The others finally found things to do to keep them company while I am bored to the bones. Silently killing my pasta, I saw a familiar jet black hair coming towards me. "Emily!" his voice resonated inside the huge halls of the dining room. "Who's that?" they all asked. "someone I know."

"Hey Oliver" I greeted him as he sat beside me. Seriously this kid is like 14 yet he's still 10. Wait did I mention that? No? Then he's 10 yet a mind that goes back and forth to 8 and 14. "hi I'm Oliver nice to meet you" he greeted my friends. All of them stared at him for a while and didn't say anything. "ahh Emily? Are they mad at me?" he whispered. Biting back a laugh, I shrugged when the girls started to crush him by pinching his cheeks, ruffling his hair and more.

Laughing, I stared at them as I saw Doctor Tundra with Christian. Slowly getting up, I ran towards them when an earpiercing sound came. Clutching my ears, I saw a huge screen lowering down on top of the door. Christian who saw me gave a smile and mouthed sit first. I'll be there. With a nod I complied and sat back.

Seeing only static, I decided to pay attention to my food when my phone buzzed. See me on the telly. Brows furrowed, I glanced back to the telly when Sham got her phone out of her pocket and pointed it towards the telly and the screen blazed into life. It was Daniel!

"ah! Mr. Freed, we were expecting your presence." it was Doctor Tundra. "sorry for not checking in. I couldn't find time to sneak a call. Anyway I brought news. 10 students, unknown school had been captured and placed under quarantine." my heart skipped a beat. 10! That's the rest of my friends! I'm sure of It! I gave the rest a glance and saw the same expression. HOPEFUL.

"I also overheard about the Dominators. I don't know anything about it but it's something big alright." silence fell as we waited for Daniel to continue. "I'm sorry, that's all I got." he apologized. "Mr.Freed, from what you did, you already helped us." Doctor Tundra replied with a smile. Daniel also smiled and scanned his eyes and stopped in front of us and most importantly Sham. "it's good to see all of you well" he said surprising my classmates.

"we thank you for your help Mr. Freed" Rose said in her best attitude. Nodding, I also stared at him and said, "Daniel. Thank you. I owe you big time" Daniel gave me his mischievous grin and replied. "thank your curly haired friend " he said happily. Clearly puzzled, I gave my friends a what? Look and they jusy shrugged. "Sham-" I started when she climb on the table. " shut up Freed! I'll only thank you once and won't Again" she said fuming. " I won't count on it Sunder. Anyway, I know all of the people there are busy but, Welcome to Alpha Point 737 Guys. " Daniel greeted and bid us goodbye.

"welcome to Alpha Point 737!!!" we then saw the huge colorful banner welcoming us and more. Christian is even wearing a silly hat that Rose saw first. " we apologize if we weren't that welcoming at first. We had a lot to do and-" I shushed Doctor Tundra with a smile and said, "thank you" and the rest echoed back.

Right after dinner, Rose was called by Christian and both skipped away, Sham was busy killing her phone as I saw her hacking some system and saw she was collaborating with Daniel; May, Jay, Vincent, Roland and Salbino helped each other in completing the sketch. Michelle, Noreen and the others went to do some errands while I am left doing nothing. Feeling bored, I made another wandering expedition when I saw Oliver alone near the infirmary.

"Hey Oliver" I greeted him. "Emily!" he said hugging me. His 8 year old attitud resurfacing "what are you doing out here?" I asked as I sat beside him. "I went inside to visit brother but the doctor said that brother needs a lot of rest so he needs a quiet place so I went out." his 12 year old attitude finally resurfaced. Feeling bored and my sisterly love got over me, I said, "want to hang out with my friends?"

--------
I'm writing this chapter late at night. 11:51 pm. Wooo 1048 words!
-k