I'm Sorry

Chapter 24

My mind didn't work until the ground shook again. "prepare the infirmary!" Doctor Tundra shouted making me jump. "you guys just sit still, don't you dare think of anything else just sit still. Don't panic" Christian said with full authority.

"alright" we all mumbled. After a few minutes, the dining room was cleared and the word stay didn't work so the others lead us to their very own rooms. We entered the boy's room and stayed there for moments lingering what the heck just happened.

"Do you think that... I mean is it really true that the others-" Shela started when Roselin shushed her by giving her a scowl. "Don't say things like that! Maybe it means they just couldn't find the others." she stressed every word out but clearly had some doubts herself. "maybe they just hid like rats and wasn't found" Judelyn added backing her bestfriend up.

"possibly." Mel finished with a small voice. My heart ached as I saw my friends completely bothered and us feeling helpless. I mean seriously! We can't be alive if Daniel yes I know but he's still a jerk didn't help and now Christian and the Alpha Point people. Just thinking about what happened to us in the past weeks made my stomach churn and anger rise. Who would do such a thing?! Why me? Why us? And seriously damn why?! My mind asked questions that only those people wearing white jumpsuits running around inside Alpha Point can answer.

"we need to get some answers" Sham perked up making everyone glance at her. "we know, and the only one who can probably answer us is them outside" Philip said squeezing Hannah's hand while Hannah buried herself into Philip's shoulder clearly crying.

"then let's formulate a plan" Jay, Noreen and Michelle said in unison. I smiled inwardly as I noticed that their faces showed great collaboration and hope. "alright, for now phase one should be observing." Rose spoke up. "and when it's observing it's Sherlock observing. Try to ask questions but don't be so frank. Sugar coat that would be better" May added. "And Emily's job is to ask people." Roland said making a poker face. "what?" I asked shocked. "why me?" I said in a bored tone.

Everyone just stared at me with its-so-clear- look. "you catch people's attention and you sugar coat effortlessly that makes the job fast. Besides, you got aphrodite's blessing you can charmspeak them" Vincent and Salbino said in unison. Seriously, did they practice that? "we can't reason anything else." my bestfriends said giving me smirks. Well atleast they're smiling. "alright then. Phase one start" I finished and went to our different rooms.

Trying to be cool and act like nothings happened became easy. It was already 6:25 pm when I wandered around the place. I already know where the infirmaries are, where the others sleep, where the researchers do their work, where the kitchens are and where the food, water and electricity are generated. Seriously, this place is hella huge! You can insert a whole population here and still have more space! But I always hated crowds, they annoy the hell out of me.

Walking aimlessly, I accidentally stepped on a foot and found out it was a kid wearing the same white jumpsuit like everyone else. Ofcourse I am also wearing them but I placed color ofcourse. "oh my I'm so sorry! Did I hurt you?" I asked stooping down to face him. He quickly stood up and quickly met his beautiful sea green eyes. "I'm alright. Thank you for asking and helping" he said and beamed me a smile; and believe me when I say his smile is infectious, I smiled back. "What's your name?" I asked. "my name's Oliver Hendrix. What's yours?" he replied. "I have a very long name so I'll just say I'm Emily. Nice to meet you Oliver" I said offering a handshake. Like a matured man, he took the handshake and smiled. "where are you off Emily?" he asked. "I'm just wandering around to familiarize things. You?" I said as we walked to a close bench.

"I'm off to the infirmary, my brother is in there wounded. " he replied his smile gone. "oh dear! Is he alright?" I asked. "I don't know, but they won't let me in. They said I'm to small and I can't understand things" his voice started to become silent. My heart ached as I saw his tears dripping down his petite face. I took him by the hand and said. "Come on, I'll accompany you to the infirmary" his face brightened as we walked into the vast white kaleidoscope of walls.

"brother!" Oliver shouted when I finally convinced the doctor that we would be quick. "Oliver! I'm glad your alright" Oliver's brother is like an older version of him. They had the same jet black hair, sea green eyes and white complexion. Clearly, he was shot judging from the operation they did to him and the patches on the stomach and shoulder.

"brother! This is Emily! She accompanied me here!" his voice brought me back from the nightmare of our first run. "Emily Vulla Carbonell am I right?" shocked washed over my face as I heard him say my full name. "ah, yeah that's me." I replied. "Woah! You really have a long name Emily! " laughter became foreign in my body but I embraced it for Oliver. "yup." I said. "Oli?" his brother said. "yeah?" he replied. "Emily and I are gonna talk something so secret you need to look out for fearies!" his brother said. "Don't worry brother! I'll do it!" he then ran outside leaving us.

"Miss Emily, you need to know what happened to your friends. " clearly taken aback, I gasped as he looked down. "I was one of the rescuers but failed greatly. We are very sorry" he started. Once again my heart ached so much I'm pretty sure my body can't cope up. "are they-" I stopped and gulped. "are they dead? And what of our parents?" I asked feeling the tears coming.

"I don't know about your friends but all of your families are alright but brainwashed. They don't know anything about you." hatred and pain consumed my heart but I still pushed on. "why? Why would they do this?" I asked clearly crying now. I don't care anymore I just want to kill and push everyone away. " I don't know. I'm so so sorry" he said with a quiet voice clearly saddened.

"brother someone's comi-" Oliver suddenly came in and cut himself when he saw me crying. "Emily?! Why are you crying?! Did the fearies come while I wasn't around? I'm sorry" his small warm hands grabbed mine. "kind of Oliver, but I really need to go now. Nice meeting you Oliver's brother." I stated and ran to my friends.

Be in the dining room early. I got important news.

I texted everyone and made a dash to who knows where.

-------
Waaaaaaahhhhhhh im sooo inspired it's 1174 words!!!
-k