A Trip Down Memory Lane VI

Chapter 35

Philip's point of view

Inhaling the dust in the dusty room is one of the most regrettable things I've done because right now I'm struggling not to lose my stomach and my nose.  "Can we get outta here?" May asked as she strained to cover her mouth and nose. "and I don't really know what we are looking in here. Can we go back?" Salbino added as he rubbed his teary eyes while Shela strained to put a bandana on her brown hair. Seriously, what really are we doing in here? Shhhh and listen.

Okay so my subconscious is talking to me now. Weird. "Philip-" Josephine started when I placed my pointer finger on my mouth and hushed them. Slowly creeping inside the morgue like building with dim lights as I saw across the street, I pushed them inside and quietly closed the door. As I managed to make sure that everyone got in safely, I surveyed the area and quietly made hand gestures that we briefed earlier.

When we finally got to the heart of the building, that's when I noticed that this place was a past parking area but the weird thing is, the place is surrounded by ACs. More like 5 air conditioners are surrounding the place.

"The heck is this?" Josephine asked as she unconsciously rubbed her arms for warmth. " feels like a morgue but it looks like a parking area. Heck" Salbino announced. "and it's pretty much weird. Why?" Shela asked.
"because who transforms a parking lot to a morgue without secrets?" May added and that's what made me realize.

"This is a transaction site" I announced. Everyone gazed at me and I saw different kinds of emotion but the face that mirrored my own was May's. She looked like she found an easter egg and inside is full of chocolates.  Finally! Something to do! My subconscious stated. Wow, I need to listen to my subconscious more.

Inhaling the chilly air, I made my way to the center to get a good view when I saw the cars. They were all black and tainted but in  different models. "wow, those guys are ready." May said as she volunteered in checking the place.

"clearly in a hurry. The tracks this time are still fresh. They just got back." May explained. "That means they could still be here."Josephine added fidgeting. "and we need to work fast" I added. Quickly checking out the tainted cars, I saw a vast space inside enough for 6 kids huddled up together and a lot of heavy duty dty cleaning soap bottles clearly the drugs. With my careful handiwork, I managed to carlift and grabbed the drug bottle. It's empty! My mind screamed.

Just as I realized that this place is still occupied, hard footsteps became clear as day. May came running to me as she gestured out! Window! Now! With a nod, I sprinted to the others and successfully helped the others get out. Feeling the impact and the rough kisses of the ground, we stayed in our positions to not attract attention as the footsteps passed. Inhaling sharply, I gestured to my team that it's time to scoot. Making tight nods, they all complied and like wild dogs, we ran to the rendezvous.

Did you ever get the feeling of bliss and total joy that you would like to just hug your friends and everything's gonna be perfect? Well, that's what I'm feeling right now. As we made the last turn towards our rendezvous point, we saw our classmates huddled closer clearly exchanging stories. Doing a sprint, we arrived as Hannah came into my tracks stopping me.

"thanks" I mumbled as I try to catch my breath. "Philip's group is here." one of my classmates shouted. I didn't bother to know who that was cause right now, I'm just thinking on how to break it to them. Finally got my breathing right, I walked towards Emily and the others who are listening attentively to May who reported first. Listening with them, I tried to add some information and they also took notes.

"so that's the end of the report." May said sighing. Inhaling the heavy scent of night air, I tried to calm my nerves when suddenly the whole place lit up. "what the-" all of us mumbled when we heard the blades of a chopper.

"we need to go back!" Sham shouted. "how?!" one shouted. Everyone started to panic as we scurried to look for cover as the search lights beamed everywhere. "Emily! Any ideas?" I found myself shouting towards Emily who was struggling to keep her hair in line.

"okay ahhhh... Let me think. Wait..." she said as her eyes searched the area. "okay okay I got it!" she finally said after a few moments of silence. She turned towards a petite girl. Wait. Who's that?

She whispered something to her and her lifeless eyes became full with emotion as her brown pixie hair swayed in the air. After a while, Emily huddled us together. "here's the plan. This machine was designed to bring all the five senses and consciousness in another time" she stopped to make sure we are still calm and sane.

"we can't feel anything in our recent time but here, right now we can and the shock might wake us up." she explained. Wait. Might?

"might? So it's a 50 50 chance?" it was Vincent. Staring at Emily, I saw her bit her lip and nodded. "I'm in. I don't care just let's get out of here" it was Jay who said that and in the corner of my eye, I already saw Sham, May and Rose getting ready. Talk about real bestfriends. I salute them.

"I'm in." I found myself announcing. The next thing I knew, the girl with the pixie cut took a live wire and suddenly striked the others. Fear, panick and anger washed over me as I saw that it actually worked.

The 15 bodies were already down and they started to disappear. "it actually worked!" I heard Emily shout. "Philip it's your turn" I heard Rose's voice and everything went black.

----------
Wooooooo yeaaahhh whatever!!!! I'm back lels :* love you guys
-k