First Run

Chapter 19

Minutes has passed and Sham is still looking for an escape with Noreen and Roland. I could hear them shouting as they show dominance. Feeling light headed, tired and pissed. I made my way towards the table they were talking and forcefully place a 3000+ paged dictionary on the table that made everyone pay attention.

"Will you lot shut up?! You cant find our escape route if you want to show DOMINANCE! Roland! Your idea?" he stared at me for a minute and quickly checked the blueprint. "see here. The old blueprint has this space made near the washing area while the new blueprint doesn't even indicate that the space IS there. Why? Cause it might have something that would aid our escape. Next, the 3 empty spaces near the locked doors. What's inside? And why is it locked?" he suddenly stopped as we draw in some air.

"here, the ones that we already drilled were softer than the rest of the house so we are on track on opening it but-" he suddenly stopped, staring from the other blueprint to the other.

"but what?" I asked. "there's no guarantee that we can escape in that way." Noreen continued. "why? It's because, here" she paused and enlarged the new blueprint. "see here? This is where we were drilling. And if you look close we might get our hopes up because we saw a hole or light or what; but-" she paused again and enlarged the left side post of the blueprint. "The wall is thicker than we think. We need more than drills to open that up"

"and that is where the locked rooms upstairs come in." Sham said placing each blueprint side by side. "in the old blueprint, the present locked rooms were up to 3 and from what Celtin and Erika just fished out from the CCTVs, the last room with a blue padlock was forcefully opened and indicates heavy and large things that weren't moved for a very long time not until last year. Here, on the new blueprint, the locked rooms were added. From 3 it became 10." she paused as she clicked the still videos guarding the locked rooms. "and here, you can see that each room has a different door, padlock and chain which let us wonder. What IS inside those locked rooms"

Silence fell as my classmates and friends circled the table with the hologram of the blueprints stay afloaw. Michael was about to say something when he decided to close his mouth. I heard sighs and coughs as the silence continued.

"well let's get to it." Celtin said breaking the silence. "we can't do anything by just standing here you know." she added and took her drill and Chelsea's hand. Michael, Precious, Erika and Rema then did thesame and went to their posts. "well then-" Rose started when I suddenly blurted out.

"I'll check the rooms. I saw a cutter earlier and I'm gonna go get it." I said to no one in particular. "Emily! I'll go with you!" Vincent and Salbino said in unison. I nodded and jogged to the basement where I saw the cutter.

"here it is." I enthusiastically said. "Come on." Vincent replied as he took the cutter from my hand and as Salbino took my hand to steady me in coming out of the dump. I took out my newly charged phone and opened the blueprint " you guys lead the way." both nodded as they took their places in front and behind me. Cool classmates right so protective. Finally, we arrived at the second floor and saw the lined doors with different doors and padlocks. Both craned their neck towards me waiting for my signal. I made a stiff nod and then they moved.

The door opened with a bang and dust flooded the air. I handed Vincent my handkerchief and handed Salbino my face towel as I put on my surgical mask. Always ready right? I entered the room and fished out my flashlight. "what? It's empty?!" Salbino exclaimed. "maybe the other doors have something." Vincent suggested. "Can you boys go on first? I'll catch up with you later" both nodded and went out.

20 minutes has passed and nothing. I mean seriously! We already opened every door and nothing! There's nothing special about these rooms. "This is hopeless." someone mumbled, but I didn't bother to know who that was because I'm still mad! Seriously! Why would they leave some locked doors empty?! Unless there's something inside that needs to be opened up. That's it! Without a word to the guys, I picked up my pace and ran towards the first room we opened. I flashed my flashlight quickly than normal until something reflected my light. A grin crept up on my face as I tried to destroy the wood that is covering the shiny thing. Before I know it, 4 big and helpful hands pushed me away and took over.

"seriously Emily, don't run off. Let us help too" Salbino mumbled. "what if something would happen to you?!" Vincent added. I just let out a light laugh and apologized. Not later than 10 minutes, finally we found our key for our escape.

"is this what I think it is?" asked Salbino. "No doubt" Vincent made sure. "quickly, let's tell the others and get away from here. Bringing our treasures, we ran towards the living room.

"quickly! Let's place every single one of them to the drilled spots! Don't leave anything! Girls! Quickly bring the supplies into the fort and don't come out until the explosion is done. We'll be out of here in no time." Sham instructed as the boys placed the bombs near the drilled spots. Yes, 5 rooms were filled with bombs and the rest were backpacks full of supplies. After setting up the bombs, the boys then entered the fort aswell as I. The four of us, Rose, May, Sham and I held the control buttons in front of ourselves and released a sigh.

"ready?" I shouted to everyone. "ready! " their voices resonated making my heart beat calm down. I released a sigh again and counted. "1, 2, 3 freedom!" the place vibrated and was filled with gas and carbon monoxide. Without delay, my classmates put on their masks and waited for the bombs to die down.

5 minutes
10 minutes
Silence

The bombs stopped. Slowly, I stood up and saw half of the house burned to the ground. But I didn't care cause my eyes met the luscious green color of leaves and made my heart jump. We're free! "quick everyone!!!! " Sham suddenly shouted when we heard some cocking of guns.
Picking up our paces with our luggage, we ran like wild animals into the front yard. The image was a lier. The front yard is perfect! I mentally said when I saw the real world that made me stop and kiss the ground. Everything is in ruins. I picked myself up as I heard soles of rubber shoes kissed the pavement. "Emily! Run!" I heard them say. I made a nod as I ran with my friends. I don't know if I was hearing things but I heard.

Run! Run like you've never run before because finally! The chase is on!

----------
Finally! The chase is on!!!!
-k