A Trip Down Memory Lane VII

NOTE: now we are back to EMILY'S POINT OF VIEEEWW!! yaaay

Chapter 36

As Karen shocked Philip back into the "present world" relief and a slight feeling of nervousness washed all over me. It actually worked. It actually worked! okay. We can actually do this. Sighing, I noticed that everyone was silent and when I say everyone, I'm talking about my closest friends. May, Sham and Rose and now a new member of the pack,Karen. Still lingering in the spot where Philip last stood, I felt a small nudged on my side snapping me back to reality. "If you want to gawk and all day, do it when we get back!" Rose is in her motherly mode. Must follow. Nodding, I followed her when I noticed that the search lights were back on

"I'll go next" May suddenly announced that broke up the silence. "What? are you sure?" Rose asked using her motherly tone again. "Yeah, might as well get it over with anyway." Nodding to Karen as she gripped the live wires we got a while a go, May turned her back and welcomed the shock and out she went. "I'll go ne-" Sham started when suddenly, the search lights were like shining brightly now. okay, this is seriously bad! " let's scoot!" Sham announced as she pushed Rose towards the parked trucks. Holding Karen's lean hand- oh and believe me when I say its lean cause it surely is. She's thinner than a stray dog!- I dashed right before the beam would like get the hold of my red hair. 

"Sham! go now!" I shouted. "What?! I can't leave you here?!" She shouted back. "No! the lesser of us here, the bigger chances of us not getting caught! Now go!" I shouted when Karen gave her a shock and out she went. "Emily! what is your plan?! what if you'll get caught here!" Rose asked with gritted teeth. 

"I promise I wont. Just go!" I said giving Karen a nod. "but-" were Rose's last words. Just as Rose disappeared, the unmistakable howls of the canine unit filled the area. dammit! need to move quickly!. Gripping Karen, I shoved her inside an abandoned truck and made sure she would be staying there safely as I stayed under the wheel. Yeah I know, I may be 5'2 but I can still curl into a ball if I want to fit into things. YAAAAYYYYY!!

"Emily?" I heard her call out. "Shhh.. not now." I answered her and happily she obliged to keep her mouth shut. Suddenly, nervousness and panic rose into my system. Crap! that's when I heard the unmistakable footsteps of the canine unit. Silently taking small amounts of air, I casually bit my lip as I felt the presence of three guards with their dogs on the leash. Calm down. calm down I told myself when I felt more panic rose into my system and my breathing has becoming more short and quick. No! NO no no no no no no no! I am not going to have a panic attack here!

Just as I saw dark spots floating in the air, I heard a guard announced. "Nothing here. Let's move out" Slowly and quietly as I can, I exhaled through my nose when finally I didn't hear anything, not even the steps of the dogs. Holy smokes! I survived! thank god! releasing a heavy sigh, I quickly got up from my hiding area as I saw a cowering Karen. "Hey, It's alright, they are gone. Your okay Karen" I said soothingly. Now I miss my sisters. My annoying yet awesome sisters. 

"Are they gonna kill me? are they gonna do those horrible things to me? Are you gonna leave me alone?!" she shouted at the last part. Pain resonated inside my chest. She's suffering and I know my other friends are also in pain right now but I'm willing to lie for Karen and lie to myself. "No sweetie. I won't let them hurt you again. Remember what Shyamelissa said? a place where we could be ourselves? We wouldn't hide our slyness, our trickiness?" I asked her. "uh huh. Alpha Point was it?" She asked now calm. thank goodness. 

"I know I will leave you for a few minutes but, I will draw you a treasure map until you would find the treasure. Alpha Point. Okay?" I asked her again. She nodded. "Okay, now when you get to find the treasure, 2 people wearing white would ask you who you are and you have to show them the mark Rose gave. Is that okay?" I asked her again. "Yep, I will" she answered. "Good, because there you will eat a lot and have a lot of fun!" I reassured again. Finally smiling, I gave her a warm hug and stayed there for a while. 

15 minutes passed and I could feel the cold seeping into my heart making it beat slower than ever. crap not now! "Emily, your heart beat is not in its natural state. You can go now you know." Karen said putting up a brave face. "No, I'm good-" I started when suddenly, I heard footsteps. "what the-" Karen tried to say when I suddenly shoved her down the wheel. This time I didn't want panic to over come. Calmly, I curled myself into a ball as i hid on the passenger seat. 

Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. a gun shot?! what was that?! trying to stay calm, I bit my lower lip when suddenly, Karen sprang out from her hiding place. "Emily-" suddenly, another gun shot filled the area and the next thing I know, I saw with my own two eyes, Karen lying on the pool of her own blood. no, no no no no no no! this is a lie! a lie!  

Slowly creeping out from my hiding spot, I heard another gun shot and found myself taken aback from the force and felt something damping on my chest. I've been shot. "I knew it. Miss Emily Vulla Carbonel is the rat herself. " I know that voice.  "W-what are you doing?" I croaked. "Oh, a hologram. I should have known. Well, wait for me Miss Carbonell and show me that beautiful eyes and your expression as I kill your friends. Remember me Miss. Jayden. Jayden Freed." he said as I went out.

-------------

okay, truth so this is the third draft of this chapter because I'm so clumsy I accidentally deleted it. huhuhuhuhuhuh

-k